Designer / Technical Director
WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
UD is currently seeking a Designer/Technical Director who will be responsible for the design and implementation of all University theater productions as related to scenery, lights, sound and props. University of Dallas Drama is dynamic BA program within a rigorous liberal arts university. Main duties also include budgeting and purchasing for all University Theater productions.
- Oversee the design and implementation of all University Theater productions as related to scenery, lights, sounds and props.
- Budgets and purchases all materials for University Theater productions as related to scenery, lights, sounds and props.
- Analyze and evaluate the need for technical support for various events and performances.
- Plan, develop, schedule and provide the technical supports required for each event or performance.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of various groups, vendors, co-workers, and others.
- Perform minor repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Manage stage crew and volunteers.
- Oversee and trains a staff of students for the University Theater Scene Shop.
- May teach Stage Craft, Production, Design as needed.
- BA or BFA (or equivalent experience) required.
- Working knowledge of:
- Techniques, methods, procedures, and implementations of stage, set, sound and lighting design.
- Stage management practice.
- Computerized lightening systems.
- Stage and prop carpentry.
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Drafting proficiency in either hand drafting, AutoCAD, and/or Vectorworks.
- ETC programming protocols.
- Image editing.
- Theatrical photography.
- MA or MFA (or equivalent experience).
- This position will work irregular and extended hours, including evening and weekends.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; free tuition for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: hr.udallas.edu/apply/
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: designer, director, stage, teaching, technical, and university. States: Texas.
Please Share the Designer / Technical Director job: