inquirED was founded by teachers with the mission of bringing inquiry-based learning to every student. We’ve built a brand identity that reflects our beliefs about education: engaging and curious, willing to grapple with hard problems, collaborative and authentic. We’re looking for a Design Operations Manager to play a pivotal part in further shaping inquirED’s brand identity and amplifying its impact.
- Collaborate and consult with inquirED’s teams to deeply understand their needs and translate that into a creative vision
- Build, manage, and optimize the processes and systems that support the successful implementation of our brand vision and strategy across all channels and touchpoints.
- Oversee design road mapping and communications to ensure all stakeholders are informed and aligned with the brand’s strategic direction and objectives.
- Manage and coordinate design projects, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality outputs while adhering to budgets and resources.
- Develop and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness, and overall quality of the design team’s work.
- Work with leadership to design and execute a hiring strategy to attract and retain top talent in the design field, fostering a culture of creativity, collaboration, and innovation within the team.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and impact of our brand initiatives, making data-driven decisions to optimize and evolve our approach as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, marketing, communications, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in design operations, brand management, or a similar role, with a proven track record of success.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, industry trends, and best practices.
- Proficient in design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other relevant tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively across teams and with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Extreme attention to detail, including skill in evaluating clarity, consistency, and alignment with our brand.
- Meticulous organizational ability in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet ambitious deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, feedback-driven environment in circumstances involving ambiguity and nuance.
- A willingness to be scrappy, creative, and unconventional in problem-solving and project execution.
- A strong commitment to inquirED’s mission.
Why work for us
- Health & Wellness: Competitive medical, dental and vision plans.
- Impact: Growing start up where your voice matters and you can make a real impact.
- Work from Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote – tech stipend included!
- Time Off: Flexible PTO plan that’s about getting the work done, not clocking hours.
- Other Benefits: 401K matching, parental leave, and 12+ paid holidays
*Please note that because of high application volume, we are only able to respond to applicants moving forward in the process.
MUST BE U.S. BASED
The base compensation range for this role is $70,000-90,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a full benefits package. This compensation range and title may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. States: Illinois.