Full-Time Design Advisory Associate
As Design Advisory Associate, you will be dedicated to delivering excellence for our customers, assisting them through the sales consideration process by helping them select the perfect style, fabric, or leather for their home. For the customer that is looking to build out a home or room, you will design to-scale floor plans with suggestions from our product catalog.
At Maiden Home, we’re growing our team of mission-driven, customer-obsessed design lovers here in NYC.
If you’re excited to be a part of a revolution of furniture retail—and game to join one of the fastest-growing brands in the industry—we’d love to hear from you.
When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency.
We are seeking a talented and energetic Design Advisory Associate to join us in building a category-defining home furnishings brand.
As Design Advisory Associate, you will be dedicated to delivering excellence for our customers, assisting them through the sales consideration process by helping them select the perfect style, fabric, or leather for their home. For the customer that is looking to build out a home or room, you will design to-scale
floor plans with suggestions from our product catalog. You will be working side-by-side with a highly experienced founding team to shape the future of our brand.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing retail startup at a critical stage, so it comes with huge potential for future growth. The possibilities are endless, and your experience will be shaped by your performance, contributions and personal drive.
Design Advisory plays a pivotal role in nurturing the customer through the sales process. Our team of Design Advisors serve as the faces of our brand to the customer, exemplifying our premium positioning as well as our customer-first mentality.
As a Design Advisory Associate, you will:
• Offer friendly, timely, and proactive communication as an authority and resource for customers
• Work with customers one-on-one to design their space (includes product and fabric/leather suggestions as well as laying out to-scale floor plans)
• Become an expert on Maiden Home’s collection, including all styles, fabrics/leathers, design and construction details
• Act as the face of the Maiden Home brand to our customers, mastering Maiden Home’s voice across partner and customer communications
• Collaborate extensively with the cross-functional team to resolve issues with creativity and a customer-first mindset
• As one of the first twenty employees of a rapidly growing startup, have incredible influence and ownership, collaborating across all teams to raise the bar
• 1-3 years of experience of customer service or sales support experience in the interior design or architecture field
• Experience building to-scale floor plans and ability to suggest layouts with complementary fabrics, colors, and styles from our product assortment; experience with AutoCAD LT preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail and relentless follow-through in a fast-paced startup environment
• Outstanding problem-solving skills; “can-do” attitude and resourcefulness; always willing to go the extra mile for the customer
• A passion for understanding of Maiden Home’s brand values, key differentiators, and competitive set
• Bachelor’s degree required; interior design or architecture degree preferred
• Competitive salary, bonus, and equity
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Unlimited vacation
• Annual furniture allowance & company discount
• Trade discounts to most major home furnishings brands
• Strong company culture, including team events
• Maiden Home dedicated office space with open floor plan and snacks
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Maiden Home
Launched in 2017, Maiden Home has quickly become one of the fastest-growing brands in home furnishings today.
We are a new concept in custom furniture, offering high-quality, handcrafted pieces made by the best American craftsmen and delivered at prices and lead
times unheard of in the industry.
Since inception, Maiden Home has been featured in Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, Fast Co, Forbes, Bloomberg and more. The brand has experienced consistent triple-digit year-over-year growth, driven from our cult following of consumers and interior designers across the country. Backed and led by seasoned executives in e-commerce and retail, with growth ambitions and a customer commitment unseen in the industry, Maiden Home is on its way to forever transform furniture retail.
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: design, designer, exhibition, and sales. States: New York.
Please Share the Design Advisory Associate job: