Part-Time Customer Service – Concessionaire
San Francisco Playhouse is the second-largest nonprofit theatre company in San Francisco. Having grown from storefront to 199-seat theatre in just 15 years, we are powered by a team of energetic and innovative theatre lovers. Founded in 2003 as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit theatre company, our programming includes a six-play mainstage season and a three-play Sandbox Series of world premieres, plus a Rising Star Education Program for high school students. Refer to our website, sfplayhouse.org, for more information on our company.
We are seeking a customer service-oriented individual to join our Concessions team! Concessionaires generally work in pairs to provide SFPH patrons with beverages and snacks to improve their theatre-going experience. Regular side-tasks are also part of the job to keep the bar running smoothly. Concessionaires are also a part of our special events team. This includes on site and off site events, as well as setting up and breaking down.
Concessionaires report to the Concessions Manager. Key Responsibilities Include:
• Commit to no less than 4 shifts per week
• Liaise with Front of House Manager to ensure concessions orders keep curtain times on schedule
• Set-up bar and lobby prior to lobby opening
• Ring up concessions sales using ShopKeep
• Serve Beer, Wine and Mixed Drinks to Patrons
• Maintain bar cleanliness and organization during shift.
• Ensure all waste is disposed of properly in appropriate bins
• Assist Front of House Manager with any spills or accidents as they occur
• Restock any supplies before end of shift
• Close out Concessions Sales at end of shift
• Other duties as assigned
● Customer Service Experience Required
● Bartending Experience Preferred
● Catering Experience a plus
● Background in Theatre Arts a plus (House Management or Stage Management experience a definite plus!)
● Computer savvy and a people person
● Ability to lift 20-30 lbs, use stairs and remain standing for 2 hours at a time
● Evening and Weekend Availability Required
● Must be a flexible team player who can think on their feet
● If you can have fun at work while maintaining a professional, positive attitude, you are the person for us!
● San Francisco Minimum Wage
• Paid Sick Leave (per state and local ordinances)
• Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
• HCSO Compliant Health Expense Policy
• Access to live theatre around the Bay Area, as well as discounts with multiple vendors
How to Apply:
Contact: email@example.comJob Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: entertainment, performing arts, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Customer Service – Concessionaire job: