Part-Time Customer Relations Manager
The Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, in Summit, NJ, is seeking a part-time Customer Relations Manager with strong management, communications, and customer service skills. This position is responsible for facilitating the daily operations of the Customer Relations department, ensuring all Art Center students and visitors have a positive experience. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently with excellent time and people management skills.
About the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey
For 85 years, the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey has been recognized as a leading arts institution in the tristate region, serving over 30,000 individuals each year. Comprised of a renowned Studio School, a thriving exhibitions schedule, and a diverse calendar of programs and events, the Art Center engages the community in visual learning, interpretive programs, and art-making experiences. We are accepting applications from candidates who are excited about helping the Art Center fulfill this mission.
• Work shifts at front desk, which include: assisting phone callers with registrations and inquiries, sales of art, supplies, and equipment; balancing cashbox and completing credit card settlement at end of day; opening and closing, depending on shift.
• Prepare and process requests for: class information, brochures, and assistance with the selection of classes; possess in-depth knowledge of classes, workshops, and other offerings.
• Actively listen to customer requests or complaints and find successful resolution within the rules and policies of the VACNJ: maintaining the established rules, policies, and regulations of the Art Center professionally, clearly, and without showing favor, and assign any special cases to the Studio School Manager or Director of Studio School.
• Hire, train, supervise, and schedule Customer Relations staff for regular operations and special events.
• Ensure Customer Relations staff is up-to-date on all Art Center information and that the reception desk functions efficiently and effectively.
• Ensure proper opening and closing procedures for galleries, studios, and building are met.
• Process payroll for Customer Relations Associates.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong customer service skills, with 1-2 years of experience in related field.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
• Excels in a fast paced, non-profit, team-oriented environment.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and working in a diverse workplace.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google docs required. Experience with Lumens database a plus.
• Some flexibility with schedule as needed.
This is a part time position with a maximum of 24 hours per week. $13/hr. Reports to the Director of Studio School.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit artcenternj.org for more information.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGER” in the subject line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
No phone calls please.
Please Share the Customer Relations Manager job: