Full-Time Custom Framer & Design Center Associate
The Design Center Associate is a representative of our company and is expected to handle all customers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. The associate is responsible for driving revenue by providing excellent customer service, knowledge of Fine Art Printing, Archival Framing and an eye for design. In addition the associate is to assist in maintaining a neat, clean, organized workshop, design counter as well as the sales floor.
- Consistently demonstrates superior customer service through product knowledge, design skills and other talent that will exceed customer expectations.
- Completes and utilizes the Blick training program, consistently signs up new preferred customers and is able to special order items for customers.
- Has a positive attitude, is willing to learn, is able to problem solve and make decisions in regards to customer satisfaction.
- Ensures to adhere to all company policies/procedures as well as loss prevention guidelines.
- Has the ability to process customer transactions as well as layaways accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assists in merchandising of the store as well as the Design Center. When not assisting customers is executing the production log as well as maintaining the sales floor, restocking inventory and keeping the sales floor neat and clean.
- Follows direction, is able to prioritize, meet deadlines and multitask.
- All other assigned duties from Design Center Mgr and General Mgr and/or any member of Blick Retail Management.
- High school graduate or equivalent, College preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of custom framing design, ability to measure art and frame components professionally, knowledge of appropriate archival materials and how/when to use them.
- Knowledge of custom framing design, cutting glass, cutting mats, mounting, fitting, ability to determine type of hangers, stretching canvas and fabric
- Understanding of Photoshop in order to open customer files and complete printing orders according to customer specs
- General computer skills including but not limited to word, excel, photoshopCS4, Lifesaver (or other estimating program), the Wizard (or other automatic mat cutter) and the ability to hand cut mats.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow through.
- Available to work day/evenings as well as weekends and holidays.
- Prolonged standing, walking and climbing ladders.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Or email a copy of your resume and your contact infomation to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Framing Applicaiton” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please Share the Custom Framer & Design Center Associate job: