Full-Time Junior Designer
Since its founding in 1984, The Contemporary Jewish Museum (The CJM) has distinguished itself as a welcoming place where visitors can connect with one another through dialogue and shared experiences with the arts. Ever changing, The CJM is a non–collecting institution that partners with national and international cultural institutions to present exhibitions that are both timely and relevant and represent the highest level of artistic achievement and scholarship.
Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, the Junior Designer is an integral member of the Marketing and Communications team, providing high quality design and project management support for a wide range of stakeholders across The Museum. This role is responsible for print and digital design projects of varying size, including early concepting, incorporating stakeholder feedback, overseeing production, and communicating with vendors. In addition to providing museum–quality design, this role will also serve in a project management capacity for the Creative Services group.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- With the guidance of the Creative Services Manager, ensures that all projects adhere to visual branding guidelines, meet organizational standards, and support The Museum’s mission, values, and vision.
- Provides comprehensive project management for the Creative Services team, defining cross–functional workflows according to project schedules, task assignment and distribution, and ensuring and deadlines.
- Works cross–departmentally with key stakeholders across the organization to create museum-quality design projects, from small print pieces like flyers and signage to marketing campaigns or onsite exhibition graphics.
- Schedules, bids, produces and delivers projects within designated budgets and timelines.
- Meets regularly with the Creative Services Manager to ensure all cross–department design is visually aligned.
Education and Experience
- Degree in a design–related field such as graphic design, exhibition design, or industrial design.
- 2+ years of professional graphic design experience at an agency, design studio, museum, or publication.
- Commitment to the mission and core values of The CJM.
Skills and Abilities
- A passion for design.
- Experience contributing to creative design teams, preferably in a museum, arts and cultural organization, or creative agency.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong sense of typography and visual design principles.
- Solid portfolio of creative ideas. Personal projects welcome.
- Experience building print mechanicals.
- Knowledge of digital design and production platforms, with an emphasis on email and social media marketing and web design.
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage time appropriately.
- Articulate, thoughtful, and detail–oriented.
- Expertise in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Interest in proofreading/copywriting a plus.
Send cover letter and resume to:
The Contemporary Jewish Museum
Please indicate “Junior Designer” in the email subject line
The Contemporary Jewish Museum is an equal opportunity employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, The CJM will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: marketing and social media. States: California.
Please Share the Junior Designer job: