Full-Time Craft and Design Center Director
Start Date: January 4, 2021.
Applications close December 7, 2020.
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150, 000 guests annually. The Craft and Design Center Director supervises, directs and coordinates that Estes Park Center’s Craft and Design programs.
YMCA OF THE ROCKIES EXPERIENCE:
When you work at YMCA of the Rockies, you become part of something bigger than yourself. You become a key player in helping cultivate an environment of healthy living, youth development, and community impact. As an employee at YMCA of the Rockies, you will meet all walks of life and live each day with a greater sense of purpose. You’ll learn to lead with heart and measure success by the impactful moments you’re able to create for guests, community members, and fellow staff. This is a place where nature inspires and quality time happens naturally. Our serene surroundings of Rocky Mountain National Park provide moments of tranquility throughout our days and remind us how lucky we are to grow our careers in such a beautiful and supportive workplace.
The work you do here matters – join us and help make the world a better place for you and the ones around you!
- A working knowledge of art and craft procedures and the skills necessary to have the Craft and Design program meet them.
- Prepare, develop, promote and supervise Craft and Design Center programs for ages 2 and up on a year round basis.
- Train, supervise, schedule, provide professional development opportunities for and evaluate seasonal staff and volunteers in the responsibilities of cashiering and in instruction in 11 different art processes. Be a resource for staff problem solving, handle employee discipline issues and provide leadership to a staff of 4-40 people.
- Control the flow and distribution of products for sale by determining the type of products needed then purchase, determine the prices they are to sell for, how best to display them, and determine what system works best to track all inventory within the Craft and Design Center.
- Possess a high degree of human relations, leadership and supervisory skills for working with staff of all ages and from many different countries, co-workers, guests who are children, teens, parents, grandparents, differently abled, and have a wide range of art and craft skill levels.
- Handle guest complaints and grievances.
- Develop and maintain a budget for the Craft and Design Center, create a financial year end report and set short term and long range business objectives.
- Prepare, develop, promote and supervise the annual Arts and Crafts fair.
- Read and act upon essential art and craft publications for developing new programs and revising old ones.
- Create, evaluate and revise training procedures and teaching manuals on an annual basis.
- Participate in fundraising and grant writing that pertains to the Craft and Design Center.
- Must be extremely organized with impeccable accuracy and attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, be self-directed and make good decisions.
- Ability to communicate visually and orally while fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks and challenges simultaneously, in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions, distractions and deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of computers for spreadsheets, providing general correspondence and software packages geared towards art manipulation. Knowledge of Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, and Publisher.)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the hours may vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Bachelor’s degree in an art related field preferred.
- Two years’ experience leading and directing staff in how to teach art and crafts to families required.
- Two years’ experience in operating a retail business required.
- Must be at least 25 years old.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Must enjoy working with families.
- Experience supervising all aspects of training, evaluating, disciplining and development of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to operate office equipment: computer, telephone, copier, scanner, label maker, etc.
- Ability to oversee and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Enthusiasm for constant Program Department development and offerings.
This is a full-time, year-round, year-round position paying $36,000 – $38,00/year with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- An additional contribution of 12% of your salary from the YMCA after 2 years
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our Career Site, www.workintherockies.org to learn more and apply.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, arts center, design, and director. States: Colorado.
Please Share the Craft and Design Center Director job: