Part-Time Costume Technician – Seamstress
- Sew both by hand and with a machine.
- Pattern, drape, construct, and fit costumes
- Complete daily show costume alterations and repairs
- Complete costume construction as new show product dictates per Costume Shop Supervisor’s request
- Assist with daily laundry duties as determined by the Costume Shop Supervisor
- Complete daily costumed character maintenance, disassemble and repair of control mechanisms, fur and feet repair (training provided).
- Work with the cast, crew and stage management to maintain safety and integrity of shows, surrounding work spaces venues and dressing rooms.
- Maintain various props, overlays and costumes
- Perform and complete assigned tasks from management as needed.
- Maintains a professional appearance that meets SEA grooming standards.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
Requirements and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Five (5) years of experience as a seamstress, costume technician, wardrobe master/mistress or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays, year-round.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to pass practical sewing test at time of contingent offer.
- Must be proficient in costume construction using existing patterns, design build, alterations and maintenance of show costumes.
- Must be proficient in craftwork, gluing & painting of fabrics & accessories; hand-sewing & machine sewing.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, communicating and resourcing with internal and external departmental team members.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time in extreme weather.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull at least 30 lbs.
- Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
$13.00 per hour
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.sesameplacejobs.com
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: costume, craft, and technical. States: Pennsylvania.
Please Share the Costume Technician – Seamstress job: