Contract Costume Shop Manager
• Totem Pole Playhouse, Pennsylvania’s premiere professional summer theatre, located in the spectacular 1,200-acre Caledonia State Park between Gettysburg and Chambersburg, PA, is seeking a full slate of technical staff positions (including Equity Membership Candidates) for this legendary A.E.A./COST summer theatre’s 69th award-winning 5-show season.
• The Totem Pole Playhouse 2019 season schedule runs May 14th thru September 8th. Contract dates vary with some flexibility in regards to start dates and end dates, but applicants should ideally be available for the entire season.
• Totem Pole Playhouse is a fully-professional Equity summer theatre with an excellent reputation within the industry. Please be honest about your abilities. Inability to follow through with prescribed duties will result in termination.
• Staff salaries are competitive and dependent on prior experience.
• If required, most staff positions provide housing in private bedrooms within shared staff houses.
Smoke on the Mountain
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Wrong Turn at Lungfish
How to Apply
*E-mail resume, cover letter, portfolio examples and three (3) references with phone numbers and emails to:
*Totem Pole Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, creed, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Costume Shop Manager- April 30- Sept 9
The Costume Shop Manager is responsible for the construction, manipulation, and organization of the costumes for a fast-paced 5-show season. The candidate will collaborate with designers, oversee all aspects of costume construction and stock usage, organize build/fitting schedules, maintain materials/labor budgets, oversee fittings, supervise shopping, and supervise wardrobe crew with daily show paperwork and maintenance. Applicants should have superior knowledge of costume construction, costume administration, ability to work with a wide range of personalities and display strong leadership and communication skills. The ideal candidate displays a desire and background for potential design opportunities in the season. The candidate will also need to be capable of working on tall ladders, capable of lifting at least 50 lbs., working long hard hours, and have a valid driver’s license. Start date of May 10th (early start date of April 30th preferred).
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, Names and contact information of 3 references, and portfolio to Robert Salm, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Share the Costume Shop Manager job: