Costume Shop Coordinator
Salary range: 35-36K
Great for a recent grad looking to gain professional experience. Coordinate and participate in the overall operation of the Theatre & Dance Costume Shop to include support for theatrical productions in the areas of costume design, construction, and wardrobe needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate, participate in and supervise the overall operation of the costume shop to ensure an organized, efficient and safe environment for the purposes of theatrical production and student education.
- Coordinate and supervise costume construction and wardrobe needs; implement decisions regarding costume construction, materials, and techniques. This may include research, sourcing, procuring, pattern drafting or draping, cutting, stitching, alterations, dying, crafts, etc.; coordinate and participate in fittings.
- Oversee inventory and maintain costume storage.
- Purchase fabric, notions, clothing, and special hair/makeup needed for shows, adhering to production budget.
- Maintain safe conditions in costume-related areas. Provide instruction and direction in the use of shop equipment, materials and techniques. Maintain costume shop calendar and coordinate schedule for all shop users.
- Maintain budget and monitor financial records for costume shop expenses; make recommendations regarding equipment purchases.
- Hire, train and supervise costume shop employees; hire and supervise contract labor as required to complete work within budgetary guidelines; coordinate and supervise the efforts of student performing arts organizations.
- Attend dress rehearsals for all faculty-directed shows and dance concerts as determined necessary by the production manager and directors.
- May teach basic sewing courses, as requested.
- Serve on committees and represent the unit at various meetings and events.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures.
- Perform special projects and duties, as assigned.
- Attention to Detail
- Formal Presentation Skills
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Work Prioritization & Management
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Experience: 2 years of work-related experience
Required licensure, certification, registration, or other requirements:
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Knowledge of domestic and industrial sewing machines and sergers
- Highly organized
- Works well under pressure
- Experience with makeup and wigs in addition to costume work
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
For full consideration, apply by June 30, 2022.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually.
For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
How to Apply
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: coordinator, costume, costume manager, recruitment, Shop, and university. States: Wyoming.
Please Share the Costume Shop Coordinator job: