Full-Time Corporate Partnerships Manager
The Corporate Partnerships Manager designs and implements strategies to attract and maintain
corporate cash and in-kind gifts, and develops a reliable revenue stream for the organization. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Corporate Partnerships Manager will execute the corporate sponsorship plan, including research and identification of prospects; cultivation and relationship management of the portfolio; proposal development and solicitation; and benefit fulfillment of sponsorship agreements. Success requires the ability to identify compelling engagement opportunities suited to both SFJAZZ and corporate objectives and to synthesize those opportunities into strategic partnership plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Design sponsorship packages that leverage the value and reach of the organization’s artistic and educational programs and engage leading corporations in the SFJAZZ mission;
- Create, write and edit proposals, presentations, and fulfillment reports;
- Promote SFJAZZ sponsorship offerings and expand the organization’s network of corporate contacts through direct marketing campaigns, networking events, and personal outreach;
- Negotiate sponsorship contracts, close deals, and manage the fulfillment of all sponsorships;
- Ensure an active pipeline of current and prospective sponsors; Identify and qualify new leads through research, demonstrated affinity, discussion with senior leadership, Board Corporate Giving Committee, and other resources;
- Establish a detailed annual plan of revenues and expenditures for the corporate sponsorship program that links to overall fundraising goals;
- With marketing and other staff, develop collateral materials in promotion of the corporate program, including brochures, benefits development and descriptions, web pages and assets;
- Work collaboratively with the Grants Manager in soliciting corporate philanthropic gifts and with individual gift officers in identifying donors with corporate connections and capacity;
- Co-manage with Director of Development the Board of Trustees Corporate Giving Committee; Schedule committee meetings and develop agendas; Follow-up with and support committee members on assignments;
- Evaluate the organization’s vendor relationships, business model and operations for opportunities that efficiently take advantage of existing strengths;
- Leverage the SFJAZZ Center’s rental events program for lead generation;
- Solicit and oversee the tracking and acknowledgement of corporate in-kind donations;
- Communicate sponsorships across the organization and with other departments to ensure proper fulfillment and relationship management;
- Represent SFJAZZ in the concert halls and in the community, and at donor events.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Two to three years developing partnerships with the local and national corporate community.
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to fundraising.
- Motivated to learn from peers and on one’s own.
- Verbal and written communication, presentation, and research skills.
- Project management and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience with working in Word, Excel, and databases.
- Prior experience working in a performing arts organization highly desirable; Knowledge and interest in jazz and related music is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications, excellent benefits, and a dynamic, casual San Francisco office. Evening work is often required.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
This is a full time benefits eligible job. SFJAZZ offers several medical, dental and vision plans as well as Life insurance and a generous 401K matching plan after 90 days. We also offer several perks such as
- comp tickets to shows
- comp tickets to other shows such as the SF Ballet, when available
- up to 50% off merchandise in our box office
- discount on membership for family and friends
- all staff meetings and almost monthly all staff gatherings
- invites to member only events
- access to our music practice rooms, when available
- an onsite wellness program offering yoga and massage
- up to 20% discount off many local shops in Hayes Valley
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million Center launched in 2013 and the 36-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2019-20 Season is over $19 million with more than half coming from ticket revenues.
SFJAZZ Mission Founded in 1983, SFJAZZ is a recognized international leader in jazz creation, presentation, and education. SFJAZZ explores the full spectrum of jazz, from the music’s origins in the Caribbean Basin and African American community to its diverse present-day expressions around the world. As a nonprofit organization, SFJAZZ works to develop the audience for jazz in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. SFJAZZ celebrates jazz as a living art form, built on a constantly evolving tradition.
Please send your resume in .doc or .pdf format, cover letter to email@example.com with “Corporate Partnership Manager” in the Subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace.
Job Title: Corporate Partnerships Manager
Reports To: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: fund-raising, manager, marketing, and music. States: California.
Please Share the Corporate Partnerships Manager job: