Corporate Partnerships Coordinator
About Midland Center for the Arts
The Midland Center for the Arts is a cultural destination where people find meaning and connection in their busy lives. One of Michigan’s largest non-profit arts organizations, the Center is a unique cultural complex located in the city of Midland, Michigan. The 275,000SF facility encompasses an auditorium theater (1500 seat) that presents touring Broadway and national artists and entertainers, a mid-sized theater (400 seat) for touring programs and locally-produced theater, a four-story hands-on, interactive museum of science and art, a historical campus, and an in-house community theater and professional regional symphony.
World-class entertainment and programming share the stories and experiences that look like the world. At Midland Center for the Arts, we strive to create a workplace and patron experience where all people feel welcome and engaged. Our organization celebrates diversity in all of its forms while pursuing our mission as the cultural destination for the Great Lakes Bay Region. Our work reflects our community and our values as an inclusive and accessible home for art, science and history exploration. Our organization is committed to including voices of those varying in abilities, ages, ethnicities, gender identities & expressions, races, religions, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Under the guidance of the Senior Manager of Development, the Corporate Partnerships Coordinator will develop and manage strategic partnerships with organizations that fund our programs, events and overall operations. This position will be critical in soliciting and supporting partnerships, as well as managing and ensuring each partnership is mutually beneficial for both the Center and our corporate partners. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Development, while working closely with the Programming and Marketing teams, to help build and deploy creative and impactful sponsorship packages and solicitations. Overall this position will assist in increasing earned revenue through collaborative partnerships, unique packages and innovative techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver exceptional customer service and professional communication to all Center partners. Ensure that each partnership is fun, delivers on partner stated objectives, and is mutually beneficial.
- Manage relationships with existing corporate partners including status check-ins, impact reporting, and annual renewal.
- Explore and brainstorm ideas for expanding existing corporate partnership relationships and for prospecting new partners.
- Assist in or directly solicit new corporate partners as assigned.
- Organize, file and record all sponsor contracts, including record keeping and maintenance within digital CRM system.
- Coordinate all aspects of the execution of the sponsor contract, including, but not limited to:
- Working closely with marketing to ensure proper recognition.
- Assist hospitality in planning and execution of all sponsor events/receptions, which may include evening and weekend events.
- Maintain files of sponsor benefits received throughout the year.
- Prepare wrap up presentations for all sponsors after each season.
- Assist in or conduct annual sponsor wrap up presentations as assigned.
- Be an ambassador of the Center within the corporate community by attending various community events as assigned.
- Manage budgets and revenue as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Senior Manager of Development.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the necessary functions of this position:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple deadlines and projects at once.
- Demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric.
- Able to build positive, effective relationships with corporate partners and co-workers.
- Able to make in-person, professional presentations as needed.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and assist others as needed.
- Professional and reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to be passionate about the Center’s mission and to generate excitement in others, in person, over the phone and in presentations or events.
- Proficiency with writing professional business communication.
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office Suite applications; familiarity with and ability to work within CRM systems, Google Docs and Adobe Suite applications.
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment and often new or added programming.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access, and a desire to work with people across many lines of difference
Education and Experience Requirements
- College degree OR relevant experience in customer/client interaction required
- Experience working in sales or customer service environment preferred
- Email cover letter and resume to:
Tina Siegmund, HR, Payroll & Benefits Manager
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, arts management, coordinator, and culture. States: Michigan.
Please Share the Corporate Partnerships Coordinator job: