Coordinator of Artistic Operations and Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra
Coordinator of Artistic Operations and GYSO
The Georgia Symphony Orchestra (GSO), now in its 72th year of enriching the Northwest Metro Atlanta community with critically acclaimed performances, and approaching its 16th year of providing youth education experiences that instill a lifelong appreciation for the musical arts, seeks candidates for its Coordinator of Artistic Operations and Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra position to support the continued growth trajectory of the organization.
The full-time Coordinator of Artistic Operations and GYSO reports to the Manager of Artistic Operations and GYSO and collaborates with the Music Director
● Personnel Management, Stage Management, & Artistic Assistant roles:
○ Manages personnel needs for GSO Orchestra
○ Manages Stage set-up
○ Secures other professional, volunteer and GYSO musicians as needed
○ Distributes annual GSO musician contracts
○ Creates and submits payroll for paid musicians (GYSO “ringers,” GSO union orchestra players, coordinates with GSO Jazz! Director on GSO Jazz players)
○ Secures and sets up artist hospitality and dressing rooms for all GSO performances
○ Assists Manager of Artistic Operations during performances–back stage management, front of house setup, etc.
○ Schedules, posts and executes GSO auditions
○ Manages guest artist ground transportation
○ Generates quotes for production needs as requested by Artistic Operations Manager & Music Director
● Librarian Functions:
○ Generates quotes for music not in music library
○ Reports on budgeting for library associated costs
○ Completes librarian tasks for GSO and GYSO ensembles–acquires music, secures rentals, prepares folders for musicians, distributes music according to CBA schedule, completes bowings for string parts, maintains filing of music library, updates digital catalog and other duties as needed
The Successful Candidate:
• Is passionate about orchestra music and has experience in orchestral or wind ensemble programs at the community, high school, or collegiate levels
• Has an arts management, arts administration, or other related skill set
• Has the ability to read music
• Has strong leadership and public speaking skills
• Will be able to work cooperatively and independently to achieve goals
• Will be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, professional and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Will have excellent communication skills, especially in the areas of writing and proofreading
• Will be comfortable providing high-level customer service
• Is available to work nights and weekends during the GYSO season
• Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
• Demonstrates a history of successful project management
• Has exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with partners, staff, students, artistic directors, interns, volunteers, Board members, and donors
• Is experienced with handling confidential information in a discreet manner
• Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant experience preferred
• Broad knowledge of orchestras including operational and theoretical knowledge
$40,300-$45,300 total compensation based on experience.
• 10 days paid time off (PTO) per year
• Up to $4,800 healthcare reimbursement benefit
• Up to $500 in Professional Development opportunities
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter highlighting their relevant skills, qualifications, and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
References may be required for candidates who advance to the next stage of the interview process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, no later than July 11, 2022
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts administration, coordinator, management, Orchestra, and stage. States: Georgia.
Please Share the Coordinator of Artistic Operations and Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra job: