Full-Time Coordinator, Education Administration
For more than a century, New York City’s Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance. Its walls have echoed with applause for the world’s outstanding classical music artists, as they have for the greatest popular musicians and many prominent dancers, authors, social crusaders, and world figures who have appeared on its stages. Today, the venue remains a preeminent concert hall and a vital, active cultural destination for performers and audiences.
This position serves as an assistant to the Chief Education Officer and Director, Weill Music Institute and is responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of the Weill Music Institute (WMI). WMI, is the education and social impact arm of Carnegie Hall, produces a variety of music programs in NYC, across the country, and around the world. This position is a key part of the Education Administration team, ensuring that the budgets and other systems on which these programs rely run smoothly.
• Coordinate calendar, communications, and travel arrangements for the Chief Education Officer and Director, WMI
• Manage education vendor payments, expense reports, company credit cards, and other forms of expenses in coordination with the Finance department and WMI program teams
• Maintain and update budget records for the department and assist with monthly reconciliation
• Create and implement digital administrative solutions in collaboration with IT
• Answer general telephone calls and email inquiries
• Handle logistics and scheduling for department-wide staff meetings and events
• Arrange travel for other WMI staff as needed
• Coordinate various corporate accounts
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to work independently, to manage projects, and to be a team player
• Ability to multi-task, to meet deadlines and to coordinate activities of an active department
• Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and telephone demeanor with an eye towards customer service
• Background in music or music degree preferred
• Ability to work flexible hours, including possibly some weekends
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, arts management, coordinator, education, and office. States: New York.
Please Share the Coordinator, Education Administration job: