Full-Time Community Organizer
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is looking for a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER to be a part of the Artistic team.
This position would be full-time and will work closely with the Artistic Director, Associate Artistic Director and Producer of New Play Development.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and accepts applications from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Qualified candidates will have previous community outreach experience, a strong connection to the city and county of St. Louis, demonstrated commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, discretion with sensitive information, and computer skills in Microsoft Office.
○ Research, identify, and engage key community stakeholders, organizations, and their constituents.
○ Curate, organize, and facilitate geographic community conversations with the Artistic Director of The Rep. These conversations should include a wide breadth of neighborhoods and should reflect the spectrum of the greater St. Louis Community.
○ Design, organize, and successfully execute public and private events for productions (in tandem with the Artistic Team of The Rep) between artistic team members, community partners, and the general public, as appropriate.
○ Guide the design and preparation of all community collateral pieces (e-flyers, paper flyers, postcards etc.)
○ Track participation and outcomes, report results, and take follow-up actions as necessary.
○ Implement agreed upon mechanisms for evaluation. Deliverables include a final report for each event, detailing completed activities, analysis of work, and suggested next steps with project partners and a meeting to review & discuss the report and learnings before the end of the fiscal year.
○ Create documentation of Community Organizing work that can be shared on multiple digital platforms including photographs.
○ Work collaboratively with Artistic Director to coordinate ways The Rep can increase service, representation, and partnerships with specific communities.
○ Work with Artistic Director and Marketing team to draft copy for events.
○ Ensure that all relationships are effectively transferred/shared with Community Engagement team and appropriate individuals are referred for the Ambassador Program.
The ideal candidate will be able to start as early as August 1st, 2019.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Becks Redman, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Community Organizer Position”.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: communications, design, marketing, and theatre. States: Missouri.
Please Share the Community Organizer job: