Community Engagement Manager
About Raw Art Works
Raw Art Works (RAW) was founded in 1988 with a group of passionate art therapists who shared the belief that good things happen when kids feel they are a vital part of a creative community that truly cares. Youth at RAW are welcomed into a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment the moment they step through the door. Through the use of the arts, youth are given the tools to process what is really going on in their lives, giving them the opportunity to create in unexpected ways, and envision new possibilities for their future. Many of the youth rely on the trusted relationships they build at RAW to help navigate the complexities of their lives.
RAW’s mission is to ignite the desire to create and confidence to succeed in underserved youth. As a youth development arts organization rooted in art therapy, over 300 youth, ages 8-19, participate in after-school and summer visual and expressive arts groups, digital film school classes, leadership development opportunities, and college and career access programming. When youth attend programming at RAW they are seen and heard through a refined blend of art and therapy. An orientation to trauma-informed care provides a grounding to the work with many of RAW’s youth who have experienced undue stress in particularly challenging environments.
RAW creates endless opportunities for youth to build meaningful relationships with their peers and RAW staff. They are given a safe environment to express themselves within a community that feels like home and they come to recognize the strengths within themselves. The skills learned at RAW support youth as they transition into adulthood, and the passion and purpose they find here often catalyze direction and decisions in their lives, and the ability to make change in their communities.
For more information on Raw Art Works, please read more here.
About the Opportunity:
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Raw Art Works is seeking an outstanding Community Engagement Manager to join the team.
The Community Engagement Manager is a new position within the organization and will play a pivotal role in defining and expanding our community offers here in Lynn, and beyond.
The Community Engagement Manager (CEM) will oversee the planning and implementation of community engagement strategies. The CEM will build and enhance community relationships with organizations and individuals living and working in Lynn to further cement RAW’s impact within the wider community. Reporting to the Program Director, they will be a valued thought partner and a representative of RAW’s culture. They will possess a strong commitment to RAW’s mission, vision, values and strategic plan, and to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals, and a dynamic direct service staff.
The Community Engagement Manager will show a demonstrated commitment to the value of diversity, equity, inclusion & justice, and will embrace the importance of these initiatives throughout the organization. Resourceful and collaborative, the CEM will be people oriented and bring a growth mindset with an eye to how RAW can continue to have the greatest impact through internal and external assessment of need and resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy and Delivery
- In collaboration with the Program Director and other program staff, assess RAW’s most impactful community partnerships, while identifying how to strengthen them and/or use them as a model for new partnerships.
- Devise, implement, and monitor RAW’s community engagement strategy, contributing to discussions around programming and integrating community engagement where possible.
- Identify via a variety of methods (conversations, interactive data capture, surveys and focus groups, etc.) the barriers to the local community in engaging with Raw Art Works; and to instigate learnings from this research to affect change within the organization and remove barriers for our community.
- Identify via a variety of methods (conversations, interactive data capture, surveys and focus groups, etc.) the needs of the local community engaging with Raw Art Works; and instigate learnings from this research to affect change within the organization’s programs to further benefit our community.
- Work with the Development Team to secure funds for individual projects and ongoing funding of the community outreach strategy – including researching potential funders, giving input on funding applications, and attending meetings with relevant funders.
Partnerships and Collaborations
- Establish and continue to build partnerships and meaningful relationships with related organizations throughout the region/state.
- Represent the organization at coalition and community group meetings and public & private events.
- Initiate, support, and/or collaborate with staff, volunteers, and outside partners on emergent events such as family engagement nights, mental health resource fairs, among others.
Community-Based Program Management
- Develop innovative community-based programming that provides youth with unique opportunities to respond to community needs through visual arts.
- Develop, organize, and facilitate visual arts groups with the purpose of leading young people through visual arts projects that create positive change in their community.
- Devise and project manage community projects throughout the year, including securing facilitators, planning logistics, and engaging participants.
- Expand existing and create new community-based programs, support our staff as they engage with the community in their programs, and build community partnerships.
- Build meaningful relationships with students, providing artistic and emotional support.
- Assess and adjust the community-based programming’s social-emotional curriculum on an annual basis, and ensure the consistency of its delivery.
- Oversee the daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual documentation and evaluation of all community-based programs (attendance, session notes, reports, reviews).
- Lead program staff annually in developing innovative concepts appropriate for youth to devise & deliver in the community.
- Manage & distribute the budget for outreach & community-based programming.
- Select, train, and supervise volunteers/interns related to community engagement.
Events and Outreach
- Actively devise and engage outreach and marketing plans to reach participants for all community engagement activities.
- Develop, organize, and facilitate or co-facilitate discussion groups, ongoing arts-based workshops, film screenings, and other special events (in conjunction with other Program Team members).
- Coordinate and implement special events such as the TLLM (They Look Like Me), monthly events, Lynn Cultural Festival, Social Justice Workshops, among others.
- Creatively engage the public to inform people of our programs and supports.
- Schedule and coordinate staff informational tables at public events.
- Produce timely and detailed evaluations of the community project impact for reporting and securing additional funding.
- Develop and utilize systems of evaluation for events and programming.
- Produce writing, photographs, video, and other public-facing statements and communication for the organization on a range of issues.
- Effectively use the database, social media, and other tools for targeted outreach and promotion.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Community Engagement Manager will be a professional who is a strategic thinker with the ability to take a long-term, thoughtful approach to achieving community-based goals. They will have excellent written and oral communication skills. They will possess a high level of emotional intelligence (self-awareness, empathy, and social skills). They will have the ability to work independently, prioritize projects and tasks, multi-task, and participate as an effective team member. They will bring a demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
Other key competencies include:
- Commitment to professional and personal growth and challenge.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to set priorities and limits in order to accomplish tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Competence in electronic data entry and information management, as well as ability to analyze data for the purpose of cost containment, program monitoring, and improvement.
- Demonstrated project management skills
Qualifications and Experience
While no specific degree is required for this position, qualified candidates will have at least 3 years proven experience as follows:
- Working in community engagement/outreach projects
- As a visual arts practitioner and/or visual arts educator leading community based projects
- Facilitation and event coordination or related experience
- Experience as an Expressive Arts Therapist preferred
- Fluency in English, with additional languages (Spanish, Khmer) preferred
Other Work Requirements
- Some in-state travel
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Frequent evening and weekend work
- Flexible schedule – hours will fluctuate from time to time based on the demands of the work
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$68,000, commensurate with the candidate’s skills and relevant experience.
RAW provides a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous paid time off and holiday schedule, including your birthday off!
Please submit resume, cover letter, and samples of community-based projects you have led to email@example.com with the subject line “Community Engagement Manager.”
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Raw Art Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse staff that is reflective of the community it serves. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sec, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, arts management, and management. States: Massachusetts.
Please Share the Community Engagement Manager job: