Community Engagement and Marketing Associate
• Position Title: Community Engagement and Marketing Associate
• Job Type: Full-Time
• Status: Non-Exempt and At Will
• Supervisor: Managing Director
• Liaises with: Community Engagement and Education Working Group, Marketing consultants
• Salary: $40,000 – $45,000
Opera Lafayette is the pre-eminent American interpreter and producer of period-instrument opera from the 17th through the 19th centuries. The organization performs its annual season in Washington, DC and in New York, NY in a festival format, offering a unique work environment with a small and highly collaborative staff. Opera Lafayette maintains office space in Washington, DC and New York City and offers flexible and remote work opportunities, though ease of accessibility to both cities is preferred.
The Community Engagement and Marketing Associate will work with leadership to develop and implement annual and long-term strategies for education and community engagement, to coordinate with Opera Lafayette’s season programming and development activities in both Washington, DC and New York City. This associate will also be responsible for creating marketing materials for email and social media and for creating marketing strategies, in consultation with Opera Lafayette leadership and marketing consultants.
Community Engagement & Education
- Work with artistic team to develop events that engage both new and traditional communities
- Assist with identification and hiring of teaching artists
- Logistic management of all programs and events related to community engagement and education
- Assistance in identifying and creating meaningful, mutually beneficial partnerships with community organizations
- Document programs as required
- Foster partnerships with other arts organizations through programming that offers opportunities for all people to access and engage in the art form of opera.
- Build relationships with diverse communities to develop specific, targeted programming to promote the art form of opera through engagement and education.
- Administer and assist with creating Community Engagement and Education budgets
- Collaborate on overall strategy and direction with regards to community engagement
- Works with marketing consultants and OL leadership to determine marketing strategies, specifically digital strategies which will help OL increase its general audience base.
- Works to create and maintain marketing contacts and other partnerships for Opera Lafayette
- Creates dynamic and engaging social media content which links to the overarching digital strategy for OL.
- Seeks to increase social media followers and post content on a regular basis.
- Create weekly emails to highlight educational, programmatic, and other content of interest to our readership.
- Work with OL leadership and marketing consultants to create and disseminate marketing materials for our educational programming
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of arts administration or marketing experience
- Ability to create new opportunities and build partnerships across diverse populations
- Collaborative and creative thinking skills
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Commitment to working as part of a small team and to embracing new ideas
- Passion for, and knowledge of opera is highly desirable
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Two-weeks paid vacation; health care benefits; 401-K plan; paid sick/personal time; flexible schedule and/or remote-hybrid work arrangements available
Applicants for this position should send chronological resume and separate detailed cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com with “Engagement/Marketing Associate” in the subject line.
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: communication, Community Engagement, education, marketing, and opera. States: DC.
Please Share the Community Engagement and Marketing Associate job: