Full-Time Communications Specialist
Columbia Artists seeks a career-minded individual, with a passion for the performing arts, to fill a Communications Specialist position to drive the development of creative materials and marketing & communication strategies for Columbia Artists. This role will serve as a marketing & design and communication expert, ensuring that the right audiences are reached with the appropriate messaging at the right time.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, manage and be accountable for external and internal communications, content and marketing calendar to ensure important events are properly announced, schedules are met and campaigns are executed.
• Inspire and lead others in a team environment. Gain trust and confidence through technical expertise, creativity and the ability to articulate goal-orientated communications strategies.
• Create and develop impactful design strategies and comprehensive multi-year marketing plans.
• Create and produce effective imaging for Columbia Artists’ clients, events, conferences and performances.
• Develop and deploy social media and email marketing campaigns.
• Social Engagement – Identify influencers and collaboration opportunities, respond to notable posts/direct messages on social media platforms.
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
• Utilize excellent creative writing skills to develop news announcements of Columbia Artists activities.
• Manage email databases
• Photo and Video Editing
• BA/BS in related field
• Coursework emphasis in business/marketing/communications strongly preferred
• 4+ years of work experience in marketing in the performing arts required, including digital marketing
• Knowledge of and passion for the performing arts and artist management business, including the Columbia Artists roster
• In-depth comprehension of social media and digital platforms
• Robust understanding of relevant online advertising platforms
• Clear understanding of creating, analyzing and utilizing related metrics
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written skills
• Ability to create and lead projects from conception to implementation and analysis
• Extremely organized, highly collaborative, detail oriented and self-motivated
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Flexibility to attend events, conferences and concerts outside of normal business hours
Salary commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits package including employer-contributed health and dental coverage, paid time off, life insurance, employer-contributed 401(K) plan.
**Applicants must be authorized to work in USA and live in Tri-State area.
Columbia Artists is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Creativity, innovation, integrity, and a passion for excellence have been driving our success since the Columbia Artists was founded in 1930. Dedication to these founding principles has burnished the reputation of Columbia Artists as the worldwide trusted industry leader in the performing arts. Our managers, producers, and agents serve an unsurpassed roster of top instrumentalists, conductors, opera singers and other vocalists, orchestras, theatrical and musical attractions, and dance ensembles of all kinds. In close collaboration with our clientele, Columbia Artists shapes individual careers and develops national and international touring and performance strategies.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should forward RESUME and COVER LETTER to email@example.com with the subject line: YOUR NAME – Communications Specialist.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. **A portfolio is required when interviewing for this position.
Please Share the Communications Specialist job: