Part-Time Communications Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities
The Communications Coordinator works in partnership with the Associate Director of Programming to perform a range of administrative, marketing and media support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the OFA. The primary responsibility is to write print and online communications and OFA programs and services. The person in this position will work most closely with the Associate Director of Programming, but will also be an integral member of the overall department, interfacing (mostly virtually) but in meetings with the OFA programs, students bloggers and assistants, and potentially visiting guest artists. Our communications have a range of audiences, including students, faculty, staff, alums and the public.
- Develop content and employs applications for all program material in print, website and social media platforms for review by associate director
- Produces print and online assets for events and programs, including postcards, posters, webpages, signage, brochures, stickers and other branded collateral
- Posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. according to communications plan/strategy, and stays current on social media trends
- Works with Associate Director and departmental colleagues to maintain effective marketing strategies and best practices
- 1-3 years communications, journalism or marketing experience.
- BA or BFA preferred
- Eagerness to be a productive, helpful team member
- Experience developing communications products sensitive to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Self-motivated, creative, forward thinker
- Background, interest or practice in the arts useful
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, MailChimp and other graphic and/or marketing platforms.
- Organized, detail oriented, systematic, strong time management skills and works well on a team
- Proficient in social media platforms, including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Qualified candidates please apply at: http://bit.ly/2oetGfi
About this Organization:
The Office for the Arts at Harvard (OFA) supports student engagement in the arts and integrates the arts into University life. Through its programs and services, the OFA teaches and mentors, fosters student art making, connects students to accomplished artists, commissions new work, and partners with local, national, and international constituencies. By supporting the development of students as artists and cultural stewards, the OFA works to enrich society and shape communities in which the arts are a vital part of life.
Please Share the Communications Coordinator job: