Full-Time Civic & Community Engagement Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Civic & Community Engagement Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Civic & Community Engagement
REPORTS TO: Civic Engagement Manager
STATUS: Non-Exempt Position
SCHEDULE: Full-time (37.5 hours/week), Mon-Fri, Evening Events & Weekends
ABOUT THE ROLE
Civic & Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for providing onsite teaching assistance for SFUSD Artists in Residence and In-Community Programs and associated administrative and programmatic tasks. Working in collaboration with YBCA’s various departments and community advisory bodies, the Civic & Community Engagement Coordinator will support multi-faceted programs and activities that serve to bring creative resources to broader community concerns. The Civic & Community Engagement Coordinator is charged with working to successfully fulfill YBCA’s mission and vision.
- In collaboration with Civic & Community Engagement Manager, coordinate administrative and programmatic tasks of the SFUSD Artists in Residence Program and In-Community Programs
- Provide onsite teaching assistance for SFUSD Artists in Residence Program and In-Community Programs
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of program data and documentation to ensure compliance with partner requirements
- Coordinate evaluation tasks for Civic & Community Engagement programs
- Assist in preparing funding reports for Civic & Community Engagement Programs
- Represent YBCA at community meetings, performances and events
- General administrative support
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3 years youth, social justice or arts program management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in visual, film/video or performing arts, education or related professional experience preferred
- Demonstrated teaching experience and ability to support a learning atmosphere for students and workshop participants
- Experience with developing and incorporating arts and social justice into age-appropriate curricula
- Demonstrated ability in creating partnerships with community, arts organizations or K-12 schools
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to speak on complex social justice issues
- Proven ability to work effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience speaking in large group and diverse audiences
- Successful clearance of the DOJ/FBI Live Scan fingerprinting
- Provide evidence of a current certificate that indicates freedom from tuberculosis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, database management, and G Suite
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan. Free/member admission, member discounts at shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions with your YBCA badge.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. The Center encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).
YBCA- Civic & Community Engagement Coordinator
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is one of the nation’s most innovative contemporary art centers. From our leading-edge exhibitions and performances, to our groundbreaking civic initiatives and community partnerships, YBCA is where creativity, people, and new ideas collide. We believe in thinking big about the role that arts organizations can play in making short, medium, and long-term/individual and collective transformation.
Mission: We generate culture that moves people.
Vision: A community that thrives on inspiration.
The successful candidate will embody our organization’s core values:
- Abundance: We operate from a place of strength, with a spirit of empathy and generosity.
- Authentic Collaboration: We are engaged and interconnected.
- Personal Agency: We are empowered and accountable.
- Boldness: We create with courage and purpose.
Please Share the Civic & Community Engagement Coordinator job: