Full-Time Booking Associate North America
IMN is seeking an exceptional, resourceful, highly organized Associate to support, assist, and collaborate with domestic agents in soliciting artists, negotiating deals, booking dates, tour planning, servicing confirmed dates for our clients, and some administration. Works closely with agents and other staff to maintain office efficiency with a focus on building stronger relationships with all clients to the success of the organization.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Assist agents in building and maintaining strong relationships with Promoters/Presenters with utmost professionalism – soliciting booking opportunities, placing holds, negotiating deals, booking dates, etc.
- Intercept and handle high volume of appropriate level sales calls, transactions and emails for agents.
- Assist with research and development to find potential performance opportunities and new sales leads.
- Input and process performance proposals, seeking approval for bookings.
- Facilitate date logistics, calendar management, and communications between various team members of Artists’ tours as needed.
- Assist with preparation of solicitation materials and correspondence, and distribution of those materials.
- Maintain Contact Database for sales and personal notes about promoters/presenters to build stronger relationships and maximizing booking opportunities.
- Involvement in aspects of the contract administration process through a web-based database including issue, tracking, receivables from promoters/presenters, accuracy, review, posting of tour dates and reporting.
- Knowledge of the process of local tax compliance and visa/immigration requirements.
- Ability to make sound decisions efficiently and effectively using practical approaches.
- Be a team player working to improve booking opportunities and make significant contributions in a busy office, ensuring that client needs are exceeded and business targets are met.
- Additional responsibilities as they occur with the needs of the day – as job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties and as assigned by supervisor when necessary.
- Long hours are routine and employee is occasionally required to travel off-site for business meetings/conferences, as needed.
- Two – Three years of music agency, venue, management, booking or entertainment industry experience, and a college degree. Applications will NOT be considered without this experience.
- Highly self-motivated: must take initiative, ownership of responsibility, and follow-through.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Positive attitude toward flexibility is essential.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Comfort with phone calls.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Creative troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Knowledge of sales and administration is preferred.
- A passion for and knowledge of music and the performing arts is fundamental.
- Administrative experience is a must.
Technology Skills Required:
- Proficiency with MS Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe.
- Strong Internet researching skills.
- Networking & Calendar/Scheduling program knowledge is a plus.
- Must possess the capacity and willingness to learn new information systems.
International Music Network is a fast-paced booking agency and tour management company for jazz, world music and roots artists who represent the highest level of musical and artistic expression in their respective genres. For three decades IMN has established and maintained its reputation as one of the most respected boutique agencies for jazz, world, and other progressive musical idioms in the world.
This is a fulltime position with benefits. IMN is an equal opportunity employer. We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS
Apply for this Job