Full-Time Booking Agent
Columbia Artists is seeking passionate and experienced candidates to join the Booking Department. The goal of the CA Booking Department is to secure engagements for its distinguished roster of vocalists, orchestras, theatrical and musical, commercial symphonic events and dance ensembles of all kinds in concert halls, performing arts centers, theatres and festivals throughout North America.
What we’re looking for:
If you’ve ever seen yourself working with arts presenters, talent buyers and promoters to help shape the future of programming in the arts, then this may be a dream job for you. As a member of the Booking Department at Columbia Artists, you’ll play a critical role in tour planning and contract negotiation for some of the most prestigious artists and touring productions in the world.
We are looking for a BOOKING AGENT who is passionate about the success of our artists and touring productions and excited to learn on the job. In this role, you will schedule appointments with contacts and engage in detailed written communication with major presenters and clients. A skilled Booking Agent will use previous sales experience to build relationships within your own territory of accounts and actively engage those clients to reach our sales goals as a business. You will join a close-knit team and report directly to the Booking Director and President/CEO.
Candidates must have a broad spectrum of knowledge and appreciation for the performing arts and classical music. Additionally, candidates must have the ability to engage in conversation and relay interest, passion and excitement when securing engagements for the roster of artists. Success will be defined through this individual’s ability to establish productive working relationships with presenting organizations throughout North America. This individual must be an instinctive networker and strong negotiator with the ability to connect with the leaders of our field.
Star Agent qualities:
- Confident People Person. Whether negotiating a sale, answering questions on the fly, having lunch with a client, or presenting to a leadership team, you’re calm and collected, an outgoing employee and with the willingness to strike up a conversation with anyone about anything
- Hyper-Organized. You’re skilled at structuring your time, balancing priorities and juggling multiple goals and deadlines at once. You work with speed and focus and thrive in a busy environment
- Pressure Performer. You are motivated by tight deadlines and healthy pressure to reach sales goals. You plan ahead and prioritize, you don’t allow stress to impede or degrade the quality of work, and keep open lines of transparent, constructive communication with managers
- Emotionally Intelligent. You pride yourself on your social awareness and interpersonal skills—both with your clients and your colleagues
- Strategic and Consultative. When facing a complex challenge—especially from a client—you’re eager to find comprehensive solutions, develop strategic suggestions, and share advice, keeping an eye on the ultimate business goal
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Experience in an administrative assistant role OR a sales agent role in a booking/sales agency (preferably classical music), or performing arts/theatrical presentation & management company, and/or production, as well as a Bachelor’s and/or a Master’s Degree relating to the field
- Deep understanding of the management agency business model and sales goals
- Constant focus and proper execution of the artists’ and attractions’ individualized booking plans
- Experience with securing of engagements by identifying prospective presenters, promoting a diverse cross-section of musical artists and negotiating engagement dates, fees and related details.
- Impeccable communication and organizational skills; the ability to effectively communicate complete, accurate and timely information throughout the booking process is critical
- Acute attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, be assertive in dealings and show initiative and care in the work
- Able to collaborate with arts presenters and decision makers at all levels of PAC management teams
- Attendance at regional and national booking conferences is required along with domestic US travel for client visits
- You’re passionate about reaching sales goals, negotiating to the best possible outcome for both client and artist, and supporting a collaborative, hard-working team
- You’ve worked closely with a booking department or talent agency and have experience reaching out to new and old client base, routing tours and securing dates in assigned territories
- You have a demonstrated knowledge of classical music or a passion to expand on that interest
- You’re comfortable flying solo (literally) to meet with clients around the US
Salary commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits package including employer-contributed health and dental coverage, paid time off, Summer Fridays (close early Memorial Day – Labor Day), life insurance, employer-contributed 401(K) plan.
**Applicants must be authorized to work in USA, live in Tri-State area, and commute regularly to NYC midtown.
Qualified candidates should email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the Subject line: YOUR NAME – Booking Agent. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls, please. Only applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Columbia Artists is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: Agent, Artist Management, Booking, music, performing arts, project management, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Booking Agent job: