Part-Time Backstage Manager Substitute
The Stage Manager sub provides leadership and oversight for all show operations when the Production Stage Manager is not present. They will call all cues for sound, lights, prop moves and winch operation. They work with the Restaurant Manager on emergency procedures between the show and restaurant. They work collaboratively with production, creative and technical teams in realizing the artistic vision for Teatro ZinZanni through clear documentation and communication.
This is a high paced and complicated show.
Teatro ZinZanni Woodinville presents a full evening of entertainment, combining cirque artists, European cabaret, contortionists, jugglers and illusionists with live music and a gourmet multi-course meal. Set in an antique jewel box tent imported from Belgium, our newest show will be performed at our location in Woodinville.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Responsible for maintaining the artistic integrity of the show set by the directors
● Adheres to running order and makes changes with PSM when needed
● Works with the BSM as the liaison between Restaurant, Cast, Band, Production Staff
● Provide leadership and management for the Cast, Band, and Crew in regard to show
● Calls the show, cuing lights and sound fully and prop changes when needed
● During the calling of the show SM may run a few controls for scenery items and the flying winch when dictated by the show
● Manages artist technical needs and requirements throughout the run of the show
● Checks in with the staff and cast after each show for any notes or technical issues that arise during the show
● Creates and distributes nightly show reports and timing to staff, crew and cast
● Keeps everyone on schedule for rehearsals and warm ups on show nights
● With Restaurant Managers, Responsible for securing tent at night
Essential minimum skills¨ education¨ and experience∫
● 4 years of Stage Management experience, preferably across multi disciplines (opera,
dance, theatre, musical theatre, concerts, circus…)
● Familiarity with theatre, circus, music, and dance terminology and vocabulary
● Ability to stage manage a complicated, highly technical show
● Creative problem-solving skills, and team and consensus-building skills
● Honesty, integrity, a strong work ethic, good follow-through, and a sense of humor
● Able to think under pressure while maintaining a calm order and timeliness
● Ability to review technical drawings and specifications
● Excellent eye for detail
● Overall knowledge of technical production including, but not limited to, electrics, audio, rigging, and stage mechanics
● Able to supervise production staff who has a working history with Teatro ZinZanni
● Ability to articulate and communicate problems clearly and diplomatically in writing and in person
● Computer knowledge with Mac operating software and the Microsoft Office Suites
● Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a team
● Strong leadership skills
● Adaptable, effective and sensitive working with artists of different cultures
WORKING SCHEDULE & ENVIRONMENT
Position deals directly with the cast, band, backstage managers, creative teams, TZ Management, and restaurant staff. Primary operating schedule is Wednesday through Sunday. Stage Manager sub operates as scheduled by the PSM.
Call times are: Wednesday-Saturday: 3pm to 11pm,
Sundays: 2pm to 10pm, or as the work schedule require. May be asked to work during the changeover of shows to assist the PSM during the rehearsal process. The primary schedule can be altered if need be.
Must be able to lift 50lbs, be able to see in low light circumstances, have a driver’s license and car.
TZ Woodinville LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to a policy of non≠discrimination in employment ®including application for employment© on any basis including race¨ color¨ religion¨ national origin¨ ancestry¨ citizenship¨ sex¨ age¨ physical or mental disability¨ medical condition¨ pregnancy¨ veteran or military status¨ or any other basis prohibited by Local¨ State¨ and Federal Law Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on TZ Chicago LLC
Please contact TZ Chicago LLC if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application processJob Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: manager, production, stage, stage manager, and theatre. States: Washington.
Please Share the Backstage Manager Substitute job: