Backstage Manager – Substitute
• Position Title: Backstage Manager – Substitute
• Pay Status: Non-Exempt
• Job Status: Part-time
• Reports To: Production Stage Manager
• Employer: Teatro Zinzanni
• Start Date: Oct. 2022
• Rate: $25-$32 DOE
The Backstage Sub replaces either of the Backstage Managers when they are not at the show. Assists the Stage Manager in all rehearsals, performances, and administrative tasks as assigned.
Teatro ZinZanni presents a full evening of entertainment, combining cirque artists, European cabaret, contortionists, jugglers and illusionists with live music and a gourmet multi-course meal.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Replaces either of the Backstage Managers when they are not at the show
- Assists the Stage Manager in all rehearsals, performances, and administrative tasks as assigned
- Oversees performers backstage
- Communicates show needs and changes between production and restaurant
- Collaborates with SM, Cast, Band and all Production Departments in logistics pertaining to all performance needs
- Sets and maintains rigging, scenery, props, and equipment
- Manage backstage duties during performances including, but not limited to, prop setting and striking, artist assistance, quick change assistance, and moving floor lights
- Execute emergency repairs to props as needed
- Shop for props as needed as well as purchase backstage supplies and equipment
- Create, maintain, and distribute daily Restaurant Crew Moves on white erase board
- With the full time Backstage Manager, maintains pre-show, running, and post show paperwork
- Clean, organize and maintain backstage and prop areas for performance and storage.
- Assists performers during training, rehearsals, and shows as required
- Attend server meeting to discuss show duties and notes
- With SM, maintain and update Production Notes, following up with departments in order to facilitate completion of Production Notes
- Collaborates with other Backstage Manager(s) to organize all hand props and scenery pertaining to all CORE shows, Matinees, and events.
- Maintain safety conditions and helps run emergency procedures in the tent during performances.
- Interact professionally with guests concerning show needs
- Other tasks as needed by the Backstage Managers, Stage Manager, or Production Stage Manager
Essential minimum skills, education, and experience:
- 2 years professional stage crew experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Calm presence
- Works well collaborating with people
- Ability to lead others
- Excellent eye for detail
- Knowledge of technical production
- Ability to articulate and communicate problems
- Exceptional hand-eye coordination, fine, and gross motor skills
- Basic computer knowledge in Word and Excel
- Able and willing to work additional hours
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Comfortable working on a ladder or in a lift
Works in a performance tour environment. Position deals directly with the cast, band, and restaurant staff and customers. This Sub will work during the early rehearsal period to learn the show and then have regular dates for replacing either Backstage Manager
Basic workday is: 3:30pm to 11:00pm with some flexibility for added or subtracted performance or work calls. Matinee calls are typically 9:30am to 3:30pm.
TZZ LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER DEDICATED TO A POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT (INCLUDING APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT) ON ANY BASIS INCLUDING RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, CITIZENSHIP, SEX, AGE, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION, PREGNANCY, VETERAN OR MILITARY STATUS, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL LAW.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to:
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: Backstage, BSM, manager, PDX, performing arts, Portland, and stage. States: Washington.
Please Share the Backstage Manager – Substitute job: