Auction Cataloger / Generalist
Simpson Galleries→ Houston, Texas, United States
Simpson Galleries, Auctioneers of Fine Art and Antiques, is seeking a full-time cataloger with a working knowledge and experience spanning, fine art, antique and modern furniture, decorative arts, silver, jewelry, Asian art, antiquities, etc.
Candidates must be able to research, identify, and authenticate items in the above categories and beyond, describe property for catalog entries, compose accurate condition reports and assist with inquires, establish auction estimates, document provenance, and compose essays for marketing materials.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent formal job specific training required
- 3 plus years experience as a cataloger at an auction house required
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent research, writing, and proofreading skills
- Attention to detail in visual analysis of objects and completion of cataloging entries
- Collaborates and communicates well with others
- Prioritizes duties
- Positive Attitude
- Lifelong learner
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Light physical labor required.
- Must work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Simpson Galleries is committed to hiring qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, or national origin. Simpson Galleries is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration qualified applicants should email your resume, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 9:00-4:00 Monday – Thursday, 9:00-12:00 Fridays
(Saturday hours required up to 4 times per year)
Job Type: Full-time
Houston, Texas, United States
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: auction, Fine Art, and gallery. States: Texas.
Please Share the Auction Cataloger / Generalist job: