Full-Time Asst. Professor of Theatre of Scenic Design & Technical Direction
The Department of THEATRE is seeking faculty for a Tenure Track position in SCENIC DESIGN/TECHNICAL DIRECTION.
This position will begin FALL 2021.
Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate or masters level courses in SCENIC DESIGN/TECHNICAL DIRECTION/THEATRE;
- Design, implement, and present research;
- Advise students;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Update course materials;
- Develop curriculum;
- Deliver instruction both online and on any of the university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: Masters of Fine Arts – Scenic Design.
- A minimum of 18 hours in THEATRE from an accredited university is required.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Extensive experience in scenic design, technical direction, and the skills that pertain to those two fields. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success. Strong professional work record or scholarly potential.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: none.
- Physical Requirements: none.
- Other Requirements: none.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Masters of Fine Arts in Scenic Design. University level teaching experience.
Professional scenic design experience.
Online teaching experience.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, assistant, design, professor, teaching, theatre, and university. States: Texas.
Please Share the Asst. Professor of Theatre of Scenic Design & Technical Direction job: