Part-Time Association Manager
The Voice and Speech Trainers Association (VASTA), is seeking an Association Manager to assist the Board and its passionate member volunteers in the day-to-day management challenges of its growing international organization. The Association Manager will work in tandem with the President, Board, and Officers to manage the operations and the financials of the association; this is a part-time position, not to exceed 30 hours per week.
VASTA (https://www.vasta.org) is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to serving the needs of the voice and speech profession and to developing the art and science of the human voice. Though most of its 700+ members are based in the U.S., Canada and the UK, fifteen countries are represented with members in Australia, Mexico, South Africa, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and the South Pacific.
● Along with the President, provide support to Board Members, Officers, and Committee Chairs;
● Manage the logistics of all Board meetings (including virtual meetings);
● Attend all Board meetings and provide pertinent reports;
● Collaborate closely with the Director of Technology to ensure efficient online operations (website, email addresses, admin, etc.);
● In conjunction with the Conference Director(s), manage all annual conference logistics and contracting;
● Coordinate with the editor of the Voice & Speech Review to ensure timely publication and distribution of the journal;
● Provide quarterly reports to the President;
● Research and pursue grants to support operations of the association and conferences and support member’s initiatives.
● Serve as the Association’s Treasurer, with oversight provided by the FinanceCommittee of the Board;
● Consult with the President and the Finance Committee in preparing the annual budget for board approval;
● Manage the annual budget: membership fees, conference registration and logistics, scholarships and grants, etc.;
● Be responsible for negotiation of contracts and insurance.
● Bachelor’s Degree with 1-2 years related experience in Business Management;
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as with a degree of autonomy;
● Demonstrated ability to plan, prepare, and administer budgets;
● Excellent computer skills;
● Excellent organizational skills: ability to set priorities and balance competing demands;
● Excellent communication skills: verbal as well as written.
● Experience with arts organizations;
● Familiarity with event planning;
● Experience with budgetary management programs.
Commensurate with experience.
EQUITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
VASTA is committed to a policy of equality in its employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Send a letter of interest and resume/CV, including references to:
Antonio Ocampo-Guzman, Chair of Search Committee email@example.com
Applications will be evaluated as they are received; position will remain open until filled.
Anticipated starting date: January 1, 2019
Please Share the Association Manager job: