Associate Warehouse Art Handler, Art Services
The Minnesota Street Project (Project) and the Minnesota Street Project Foundation (MSP Foundation) value a community where everyone can participate in arts and culture and strives to cultivate equity in all of its programs.
We value a diverse workforce built upon inclusion, equity, and cultural humility and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We believe that the arts have the power to change hearts and minds, and to inspire social change.
We also believe that arts and culture are key elements in creating desirable places to live, learn, work, and visit.
About Minnesota Street Project:
Located in San Francisco’s historic Dogpatch district, the Project is a for-profit enterprise that supports contemporary arts in the Bay Area by providing sustainably below-market rents to artists, art galleries, and arts non-profits and by providing spaces for visiting exhibitions and arts-related programming.
About Minnesota Street Project Foundation:
An affiliate of the Minnesota Street Project, the MSP Foundation was created to advance educational and civic programming and provide direct financial support to artists and arts organizations.
Minnesota Street Project is currently seeking a full-time Art Handler, with expert art handling skills, to join our warehouse team of arts professionals.
- Exhibits a friendly and approachable demeanor with MSP staff, clients, and vendors, acting as a positive ambassador for the overall Project; ensures strong communication is facilitated and deadlines are continually met.
- Assists in daily work orders (packaging and handling artwork) and installs for client viewing room appointments, stages outgoing artworks, anticipates incoming shipments by designating spaces in advance of deliveries, and assists with loading and unloading of trucks for shipments and field jobs.
- Moves stored objects in warehouse, maximizing spatial utilization while maintaining artwork safety
- Assists the Registration department with measuring and barcoding incoming artworks; condition reports artworks on an as-needed basis.
- Keeps warehouse consistently clean, useable, and client-ready, bringing a proactive approach; inventories and readies supplies for field teams; administers reuse and recycling policies.
- Prioritizes the safety of personnel and artworks, adhering to company operational guidelines at all times
- Assists in upkeep of warehouse equipment and systems including forklift and HVAC
- May require occasional field work including packing, delivery and installation of artworks in client’s homes, offices and galleries
- Drives company fleet vehicles including box trucks and sprinter vans for warehouse and field-job related tasks
- Attends weekly department meetings and performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a museum, gallery or art shipping organization; demonstrated expertise in art handling techniques and storing practices.
- Demonstrated concern for detail, accuracy and precise execution of work; ability to quickly identify and resolve problems, ensuring projects stay on schedule.
- Works well independently and in a team; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Experienced operating warehouse equipment (VRCs, forklifts, walkie stackers, and pallet jacks)
- Valid drivers license.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Proficient with PC and Mac operating systems and software, including Adobe and Microsoft Suites and Filemaker Pro; familiarity with G Suite and CRMs.
Reports to Warehouse Manager
How to Apply
Please email a single PDF that includes a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with the subject line ArtHandlerLAST NAME to email@example.com.
No calls, please. We will respond only to applicants we intend to interview.
Thank you for your interest in Minnesota Street Project Art Services.
Minnesota Street Project offers a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, AD&D, Paid Time Off and Parental Leave, Retirement Savings, 401-k Plan, and Pre-Taxed Commuter and Childcare Benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minnesota Street Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, art handler, and museum. States: California.
Please Share the Associate Warehouse Art Handler, Art Services job: