Full-Time Associate/ Full Professor (Program Administration – Chair) Department of Dance
Associate/ Full Professor (Program Administration – Chair) Department of Dance
Job ID: 20779
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Department of Dance seeks a Department Chair, appointment effective for the fall 2020 semester, at the rank of associate or full professor (preferred) with tenure. The college is strongly committed to the growth of its Dance Department, which currently offers a BA degree, a minor, a BA Ed major, an accelerated 5 year BAMA degree, a newly established MFA degree, and a highly successful MA in Dance Education/Certification Program. The possibility of adding a BFA has been under discussion. Through generous donor support, the department benefits from excellent renovated facilities, including a studio theatre and beautiful spacious studios. Planning is underway for further major expansions and improvements.
• Providing the strategic vision for the continuous improvement of programs, services, and operations;
• Artistic Direction and vision for the performance and choreography of departmental concerts and presentations;
• Curriculum planning with initiation and enhancement of courses for all the degree programs;
• Teaching undergraduate and graduate level classes;
• Consulting and collaborating with the department’s student organization;
• Developing and maintaining strategic partnerships including supporters, donors, friends and patrons;
• Facilitating a working environment of consensus and collaboration;
• Overseeing staff, budget, facilities, facility renovations and ongoing program evaluation;
• Recruiting talented professionals to teach in an adjunct capacity as needed;
• Actively and energetically representing the Department of Dance within the college and the broader community;
• Recruiting and nurturing the next generation of dance artists, educators, and scholars
An appropriate terminal degree in area(s) of experience, or equivalent commensurate with ability and experience. Qualified candidates should have a minimum of three years of administrative experience; five years of teaching experience in higher education settings; seven years of professional performing experience; a record of professionally produced choreography; and a record of program development.
CANDIDATES SHOULD ALSO HAVE:
• a passion for dance and dance study both as professional preparation and as a component of a liberal arts education incorporating the best of contemporary approaches to technique, choreography, aesthetics, and pedagogy into curricula;
• the desire to program and nurture diversity in community while practicing rigor in artistic work, analysis/research, and pedagogy
• a broad familiarity with and an ability to foster meaningful connections to the NYC professional dance and dance teaching communities, as well as those communities nationally and internationally ; and • the capacity to prepare Hunter dance students for a high level of artistry and professional success as performers, choreographers, dance educators, and dance scholars.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional Salary commensurate with experience. CUNY offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to its faculty, covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package, must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Please Share the Associate/ Full Professor (Program Administration – Chair) Department of Dance job: