Associate Director of Marketing
STC is seeking an Associate Director of Marketing to develop and manage strategies for maximizing STC’s earned revenue streams while also effectively leveraging data to inform the theatre’s decision-making related to those strategies and digital engagement for growth.
ABOUT SHAKESPEARE THEATRE COMPANY
For over 30 years the Shakespeare Theatre Company has dedicated itself to being the nation’s premier classic theatre. By focusing on works with profound themes, complex characters and heightened language written by Shakespeare, his contemporaries and those playwrights he influenced, STC’s artistic mission is unique among regional theatres: to bring to vibrant life groundbreaking, thought-provoking and eminently accessible classic theatre in a uniquely American style. Led by internationally acclaimed Artistic Director Simon Godwin, STC is deeply committed to equity, diversity and inclusion on its stages and within its staff and board.
STC is seeking an Associate Director of Marketing to develop and manage strategies for maximizing STC’s earned revenue streams while also effectively leveraging data to inform the theatre’s decision-making related to those strategies and digital engagement for growth. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, the Associate Director of Marketing will keep a finger on the pulse of the theatre’s sales pipeline, progress to goals, and audience engagement throughout each season, which includes five to seven original productions, co-productions with nationally recognized theatres, and Broadway-bound productions. The Associate Director of Marketing will be a keen cross-collaborator and steer best-practices for effective use of Tessitura for reporting, segmentation and marketing initiatives. They will be crunching large data sets, analyzing the results, and providing clear insight into trends related to STC’s 350,000 households and social communities. Working within a department of six full-time staff, the Associate Director of Marketing co-supervises the Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Craft STC’s approach to marketing data analysis, increasing understanding of ticket (subscription, package, individual, special event) and education-based sales and trends, as well as overall audience engagement
- Track, monitor progress toward, and report on KPIs related to sales, marketing campaigns, and digital engagement, leveraging the functionality of Tessitura to do so
- Regularly analyze, evaluate, and report on the effectiveness of digital and social media initiatives, integrating with Google Analytics and/or other analytics tools for holistic reporting
- Consistently extract, and report on, insights garnered via social media dashboards and/or other sources, to enhance existing and planned marketing initiatives
- Manage patron feedback including the creation and analysis of audience surveys
- Collaborate with the team to develop and recommend tools and marketing strategies rooted in data to increase sales and engagement such as advertising, social media campaigns, and targeted audience outreach
- Develop, maintain, improve, and disseminate accurate new and existing reports using Tessitura Analytics to enable the Marketing and Communications department and Senior Leadership to plan and execute nuanced marketing and communications strategies
- Build and disseminate detailed, segmented lists for mail/email/phone marketing campaigns, including custom research/queries to meet marketing objectives
- Work cross-departmentally to provide segmented lists that support each of STC’s departmental outreach needs
- Help maintain proper Tessitura database hygiene
- Maintain detailed knowledge and expertise about Tessitura utilizing Analytics and TNEW to optimize customer experience, information capture, and internal reporting efforts
- In conjunction with the Database Administrator, liaise with Tessitura to keep STC informed of key future developments, improvements, changes within the world of Tessitura, particularly as they affect the Marketing and Communications department
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of professional marketing experience preferred
- 2+ years of robust experience with Tessitura, TNEW and Analytics or knowledge of other ticketing and database systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts Management, Marketing, or Theatre, or equivalent experience preferred
- Proficiency with social and digital media analytics and tools, including Google Analytics, and platform-specific analytics (e.g., Facebook Business Suite, Twitter Analytics, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize and concisely present data in an easily understood manner
- Ability to drive use and understanding of data throughout the entirety of the marketing lifecycle
- Keen attention to detail as it relates to data analysis and data management
- Flexible and adaptable in managing changing priorities and tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications, with a penchant for clarity, thoughtfulness, imagination, and empathy
- Creativity, energy, confidence, and integrity; high level of discretion and respect for patron privacy; sensitive to confidentiality and ethical considerations related to patron information
- Initiative and independence; the ability to work well solo or as part of the team
- Problem-solving ability in fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic organization
- Passion for the mission of the Shakespeare Theatre Company
- Salary in the range of $70,000-75,000 annually
- Work on nights or weekends is possible for subscription rollovers, special events, etc.; typically, this will be a standard 40-hour week
Please note that STC has a mandatory vaccination policy, along with other safety requirements due to COVID-19.
Shakespeare Theatre Company is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and anti-racist organization that better reflects the community where we reside and work. To learn more about our on-going efforts and to read our Anti-Racist Action Plan, please visit www.shakespearetheatre.org/about/equity-diversity-…↗↗
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts management, director, management, marketing, and performing arts. States: DC.
Please Share the Associate Director of Marketing job: