Full-Time Associate Director of Audience Services
The Associate Director of Sales & Audience Services will oversee all ticketing and front-of-house operations for Round, House Theatre including audience services, single ticket sales, subscription sales, complimentary ticket allocation, education program sales, group sales, telemarketing, and house management. The Associate Director is expected to contribute a high-level of input into sales strategy for all mainstage and education programming.
The Associate Director of Sales & Audience Services reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and supervises Box Office Manager, Box Office Associates, and House Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining all sales goals of Round House Theatre by successfully managing the Audience Services department; monitor sales trends to assist in creating and maintaining successful sales strategies
- Ultimately responsible for operational oversight of the Box Office and Front of House (not including Café and Concessions), including approving new hires, ensure proper onboarding and maintenance training for staff, and delegating tasks to box office staff
- Provide exemplary customer service to all Round House Theatre patrons; create and maintain system for tracking and reporting on customer service issues
- Serve as the “power user” representative and liaison for CRM/Ticketing/Database software
- Ensure fulfillment of special ticket requests including, artists, staff, donors, press, theatreWashington, VIPs, and other partners; operational support of all complimentary ticketing programs including Free Play, On the House, papering, etc.
- Ensure the overall health and accuracy of Round House Theatre patron database; provide data, records, and analysis to other departments as needed for direct mailings, budgeting, grants, studies, etc.
- Create, maintain, and distribute all sales reports and settlements based on organizational needs
- Ensure effective training of box office and front-of-house personnel on all software, policies, and procedures
- Responsible for building and maintaining performance calendars, seating maps, subscription packages, events, ticket pricing, holds, etc. in CRM
- Assist in the set-up and maintenance of online sales path content and upsell operations.
- Creation and maintenance of promotions, including uploading lists and expiring offers when applicable.
- Maintenance of inventory and revenue management for all performances
- Develop, maintain and track FOH budget
- Develop and maintain box office and front-of-house policies and procedures; ensure creation of manuals and timely dissemination of information; ensure staff are all properly versed in Round House Theatre programming
- General system maintenance including but not limited to routine checks of online systems and inventory management
- Lead contact for Third Party ticket sales (i.e. Goldstar, Today Tix, etc.) Ensure inventory, information, and pricing are up to date. Ensure that payments for all Third Party invoices are settled in a timely fashion
- Work closely with Box Office Manager to set Group Sales goals, and plan and execute Group Sales campaigns
- Work closely with the Education dept. to ensure programs are built and priced properly in ticketing system
- Oversee all accessibility services, including booking and contracting outside vendors to provide Open Caption, Sign Interpretation, and Audio Description for Round House Theatre performances
- Attendance at and participation in all department planning meetings, including institutional strategy and seasonal programming
- Follow industry trends and best practices in ticketing and front-of-house management to ensure the best possible overall patron experience
- Attendance at performances, and promotional and special events as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum 5+ years’ management experience in ticketing and sales; excellent customer service experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred*
- Extensive knowledge of all areas of theater front-of-house operations
- General understanding of technical aspects involved in ticket sales, including current knowledge and practical use of ticketing systems. Knowledge of Spektrix preferred.
- Must be able to work independently, after direct supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and short deadlines
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Enthusiasm for collaborative team workplace; willingness to perform all functions of his/her job
- Self-starter with ability to independently initiate and follow through with projects
- Familiarity with, and interest in, theatre and/or arts and culture strongly preferred
*Where the qualifications are described in terms of formal education or training, prior experience in a relevant field, as determined by the theatre, may be substituted.
- Salary in the upper-40s, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Health insurance – Choice of fully-funded HMO or optional PPO
- Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous paid time off, including annual, personal, and sick leave
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Round House Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Round House Theatre, please visit RoundHouseTheatre.org.
No phone calls please.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: associate, director, management, sales, theatre, and Ticketing. States: Maryland.
Please Share the Associate Director of Audience Services job: