Full-Time Assistant Technical Director (lighting/sound/rigging)
The Assistant Technical Director (ATD) is a full-time 12-month position reporting directly to the Technical Director / Master Electrician (TD/ME). The ATD under the direction of the TD/ME is responsible for the technical preparation and production of events with knowledge and experience in various lighting, video, sound and rigging systems for events in the 656-seat Edison Theatre.
- Assist the TD/ME with light hangs, focus calls, programming lights, audio set-up, preparing audio and video files in multimedia playback cue-based software, soft good/scenery hangs, Marley dance floor installs and striking all systems.
- Supervise crew and manage technical needs of clients during rentals from load-in to load-out.
- Act as facility manager during rental events making sure equipment/systems are operating, supervising crew, and securing the theater at the end of events.
- Assist the TD/ME with strike and transitions to move from one event to the next.
- Maintain facility systems including sound equipment, lighting, soft goods, rigging, stage deck and lift.
- Attend meetings with the Edison staff and event organizers to discuss the schedule, crew, and technical needs for the event.
- Maintain and repair equipment as required.
- Assist TD/ME in coordinating crew schedules, supervising student staff and leading crew calls.
- Process and approve bi-weekly crew payroll.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and skills:
- Familiar with theatrical moving and intelligent lights.
- Programming proficiency on ETC’s EOS line of consoles.
- Ability to operate digital audio consoles and a variety of digital audio protocols.
- Competency in programming and operating QLab software.
- Ability to read and understand light plots and scenic drawings.
- Experience with computer drafting programs.
- Competency in operating a double-purchase rigging system.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in the training and management of a student staff.
- Strong supervisory, motivational management and community building skills.
- Desire and ability to stay updated on advances in theater technology.
- Ability to deal with changes in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, working as part of a team and individually.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced technical theater degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years technical theater experience; 5+ years technical theater experience preferred.
- Flexible work schedule with availability evenings and weekends.
For a full job description and to apply, visit jobs.wustl.edu (Job ID 47177)
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: assistant, director, lighting, technical, technical theatre, and theatre. States: Missouri.
Please Share the Assistant Technical Director (lighting/sound/rigging) job: