Full-Time Assistant Tech Director
Viterbo University’s Theatre and Music Theatre department is accepting applications for an Assistant Technical Director.
This is a 10-month, full time, and salaried position.
The Assistant Technical Director is responsible for helping create a positive learning environment for students working in the scenic and lighting studio and working with the Technical Director on the construction of all scenic elements and serving as master electrician for the department’s production season. More specific responsibilities are listed below and in full job description.
Dean, College of Business, Performing Arts, and Leadership
- Work with the Technical Director (TD) on the construction of all scenic elements for the Theatre and Music Theatres production season
- Assist in mentoring all student workers and help create a positive learning environment for any students working in the scenic studio
- Maintain a clean, healthy, safe working environment in both the scene and lighting shops
- Work closely with the TD and Scenic Designers to maintain supplies and working equipment in the Scenic Studio
- Supervise students in production duties during load in, strikes, build, technical rehearsals and other projects as assigned
- Understand and undertake master electrician responsibilities, which include: paperwork, supervising students during implementation of lighting designs, maintain lighting inventory
- Work directly with lighting designers on preparation and implementation of designs
- Attend production meetings, production post-mortems, technical rehearsals and performances as needed
- Participate and help coordinate “Full Company” projects, work calls, meetings and events
- This position requires the Assistant Technical Director to be aligned with Viterbo University’s mission, values and vision;
- Minimum of a B.F.A. in Theatre with a minimum of five (5) years of construction/management experience, prefer an M.F.A. in tech/design;
- Must be collaborative and professional with others;
- Have proven successful student supervision and/or teaching experience; a clear understanding of the Viterbo University School of Performing Arts’ values and of the learning community to be served; and the demonstrated ability to assume major leadership responsibilities.
About Viterbo University:
Viterbo University is a Catholic, Franciscan, liberal arts institution located in scenic La Crosse, Wisconsin, which has been rated as one of the top places to live in the US. The region features an attractive cost of living, beautiful bluffs and coulees, three major rivers including the Mississippi River, world-class health care and education systems, and easy access to major cities in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete online employment application form, upload cover letter and resume to be considered.
Tom Knothe, Dean for the College of Business, Performing Arts, and Leadership, Viterbo University, 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601.
Viterbo University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages nominations and candidacy of historically underrepresented groups.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, assistant, director, performing arts, teaching, theatre, and university. States: Wisconsin.
Please Share the Assistant Tech Director job: