Assistant Professor of Dance
Kennesaw State University invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Dance faculty position the Department of Dance starting August 2022.
We are particularly interested in candidates who can advance the department’s commitment to excellence through diversity, and whose teaching abilities balance existing faculty expertise.
- The candidate is expected to teach courses in Ballet and/or Modern dance, and to teach or develop other topics and approaches that align with the candidate’s area of expertise.
- The candidate will choreograph or stage performance works on undergraduate dance majors.
- The candidate is expected to develop and maintain a peer-reviewed body of creative and/or scholarly activity, consistent with the requirements for a tenure-track hire.
- Dept/College/University/professional service is expected.
- Additional departmental responsibilities include student recruitment, program development, and participation in department and university activities.
M.F.A., doctorate, or the foreign equivalent in Dance is required.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- At least two years of collegiate teaching and mentoring experience.
- Established record of professional experience in the field.
- An active research portfolio of peer-reviewed scholarship/creative activity.
- Evidence of teaching and working with diverse communities.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color,
disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, assistant professor, dance, and education. States: Georgia.
Please Share the Assistant Professor of Dance job: