Assistant Costume Shop Manager
What We Are Looking For
The Department of Theatre Arts seeks a costume professional to join our design and technology team.
The Assistant Costume Shop Manager supports all functions of the costume shop and serves as first hand for our season of productions—cutting and constructing garments, completing alterations, and keeping notes on project progress.
The position also manages departmental costume stock for rental across the department and by outside entities.
Additionally, the Assistant Costume Shop Manager supervises student stitchers and supports student wardrobe crews through tech and performance.
The ideal candidate will have experience running wardrobe.
Experience with hair and makeup is a plus.
We are a close-knit community and value self-motivation, a positive attitude, good humor, and courtesy.
A Bachelor’s degree in theatre and one year of professional theatre or equivalent experience is required. A graduate degree in theatre and three years professional theatre experience or equivalent are preferred.
The expected compensation range for this position is $16.83 -$19.23 per hour with full benefits.
To Apply, please visit Assistant Costume Shop Manager
What You Will Do
- Assist Shop Manager in running of Costume Shop
- Directly assist with any assigned tasks
- Prepare show paperwork and procedure documents as directed
- Serve as First Hand for season shows
- Cut and construct garments with minimal supervision
- Prepare and complete garment alterations
- Keep notes sheets updated and be able to communicate progress and needs
- Manage department costume stock
- Manage the use of stock as a rental facility for student directors for class projects
- Keep stock ready to use and be able to assist students in pulling and restocking of costume pieces
- Responsible for getting costumes to dry cleaner as needed
- Manage student work force
- Lead student stitchers of varying skills through show alterations
- Assist with teaching new stitchers and designers through design process
- Perform Wardrobe responsibilities for season shows
- Work with Shop Supervisor to train student wardrobe/maintenance crew members and to compile and complete notes
- Attend tech rehearsals to manage/teach student wardrobe team
- Maintain Dressing rooms, laundry room, and hair/makeup lab
- Be on call for any weekend maintenance needs during show run
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, assistant, Costume, manager, theatre, and university. States: Texas.
Please Share the Assistant Costume Shop Manager job: