Assistant Box Office Manager→ Los Angeles, California, United States
ASSISTANT BOX OFFICE MANAGER
The Groundlings Theatre and School is seeking a full time Assistant Box Office Manager to join our dynamic team. We are a performing arts organization, so there is a strong passion (and humor!) for what we do here. We work hard to create an inclusive, kind, and empathetic environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration. Qualified candidates should have experience working on a Front of House team, managing staff members and have terrific customer service skills. Experience working with Tessitura or similar ticketing platforms is a plus. The person in this position will report to the Box Office & Marketing Manager and will be on-site.
Assistant Box Office Manager Duties:
- Act as Manager on Duty during our show cycle (regular weekly shows are Wednesday-Sunday), including overseeing ticketing sales, donations, seating, show prep, and scheduling
- Supervise front of house and box office staff, and liaise between the front of house, production team and performers
- Help manage daily show needs (i.e. track comps, emails, print/create program, update handbook as needed)
- Sell and/or supervise concession and merchandise sales
- Assist with promotions, sales, memberships and gift certificates
- Utilize our ticketing software (Tessitura) as an admin/super user
- Help manage our membership program (new show, member comps, etc.)
- Prep and run student shows at both stage sites (print/create programs, communicate with directors and cast)
- Supervise the intern program in conjunction with the BOM Manager
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and a self-starter mentality
- Excellent sales skills and the flexibility to adapt to client needs
- Experience with theatre or arts organizations
- Experience with Tessitura or other similar ticketing platforms.
- Ability to work creatively and independently with superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with leadership, interns, staff, and board members
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as well as holidays.
The Groundlings is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and work to create an inclusive environment because we know it makes our school and theater better. We strongly encourage people of the global majority, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and those with protected class backgrounds to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: box office, box office manager, manager, and theatre. States: California.