Assistant Audience Services Manager
The Assistant Audience Services Manager, a crucial part of the Community Experience area at TheatreSquared, provides leadership for the company’s front-of-house Welcome Team to ensure a hospitable, smooth, and high-quality continuum of service during all times and especially during performances, high volume hours, and T2 special events.
As a leader of TheatreSquared’s front-of-house staff, this team leader will serve as the secondary House Manager for the company. The assistant house manager’s principal responsibility is to ensure the quality of experience for our patrons from the moment that they arrive at the theatre to the time that they leave. Responsibilities include overseeing ushering/seating, lobby and audience seating areas, and, in conjunction with box office staff, troubleshooting ticketing and seating issues. The Assistant Audience Services Manager will support the training of all front-of-house employees to perform all capacities with professionalism and integrity, and instruct volunteers to work in the same fashion.
As a key link between the company and the public—and between audience and art—this staff member will help TheatreSquared to answer the question, “How can a theatre be an agent of social change—helping foster a community that is fundamentally more equitable?”
The Audience Services Manager will:
- Supervise T2 Front-of-House Welcome Team during performances and special events
- Lead the house management efforts in tandem with the Audience Services Manager—maintaining entrance controls, empowering the welcome team to solve patron concerns in real time, and working closely with stage management to begin each performance.
- Help maintain documentation and training materials for Welcome Team
- Support service standards and techniques to provide speedy service of high integrity
- Distribute performance reports for every event when acting as the lead house manager
- Provide rapid response for critical issues during high-volume service times
- Help maintain communications around staff-led curtain speeches and talkbacks
- Manage TheatreSquared’s volunteer usher program and help build its volunteer base
- Support the presentation of the facility daily with special emphasis prior to performances and special events
- Be available to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as being able to perform in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Work closely with the staff of the Commons Bar/Café, supporting efficient and high-quality service pre-show, at intermission, and after
- Collaborate with the Events Manager in providing support as a TheatreSquared host or events liaison during community events
- Report to the Audience Services Manager and Director of Community Experience
Preferred candidates will have:
- Ability to work well independently and to manage, train, and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high-stress situations
- Ability to work with the public and possess conflict resolution skills
- Good problem solving and strategic thinking skills
Additional skills and experience that are preferred, but not required, include experience with Tessitura or another Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Finally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong passion for TheatreSquared’s mission and vision, as well as a dedication to the company’s principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, anti-racism, and access.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This full-time, exempt position with an annual salary of $36,000, commensurate with experience, and full benefits. These benefits include health; dental; paid time off; relocation assistance; paid parental leave; professional development allowance; employer-sponsored long-term and short-term disability; $100,000 in employer-sponsored term life insurance; and voluntary 401(k) and/or Roth IRA.
To apply, submit a cover letter, employment resume, and references by visiting theatresquared.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
TheatreSquared celebrates diversity and commits to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The company’s goal is to remove barriers to employment that are faced by racialized groups and encourage applicants of all genders, abilities, and ethnic, socio-economic, religious, and educational backgrounds. TheatreSquared believes that a team with a variety of perspectives and skills is critical to our growth as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please note: All interviews at this time will be held via video service (Google, Zoom, etc.).
We believe that theatre—done well and with passion—can transform lives and communities. At the theatre, in schools and online, we create remarkable performances; broaden access; foster empathy, equity and cohesion; and gather with one another around art, conversation, food and other shared experiences in a welcoming, inclusive space.
THE COMPANY & REGION
TheatreSquared’s signature offering of bold new plays in an intimate setting has driven its growth to become the state’s largest theatre, offering more than 300 performances annually and operating on a $6 million annual budget. The playwright-led company is one of mid-America’s leading laboratories for new work, having launched more than 60 new plays. Its work has received critical acclaim from The New York Times (“Best Theater of 2020” list), The Wall Street Journal (“an outstanding drama company”), NPR’s All Things Considered, and the American Theatre Wing, founder of the Tony Awards.
TheatreSquared’s home—winner of the 2020 American Architecture Award and the AIA NY Honor Award—is a cultural landmark. T2’s hometown of Fayetteville is annually ranked among the top ten US News and World Report “Best Places to Live,” a progressive, bike-friendly, and scenic college community near several Fortune 100 world headquarters. TheatreSquared’s remarkable expansion—with a twentyfold increase in audience in just the past decade— parallels the emergence of its home region as a booming population center and destination for American art.
Offering far-reaching access and education programs and an open-all-day gathering space, TheatreSquared remains rooted in its founding vision, that “theatre—done well and with passion—can transform lives and communities.”
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: audience, house manager, manager, and theatre. States: Arkansas.
Please Share the Assistant Audience Services Manager job: