Full-Time Assistant/Associate Professor of Theatre, Director of the University Theatre
The Theatre Area of the Department of Visual and Performing Arts at Angelo State University seeks to fill the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Theatre/ Director of the University Theatre. This full-time tenure track position calls for an individual with a commitment to undergraduate theatre education with the ability to supervise and direct the activities of a growing university theatre program.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
• Teach academic courses in theatre. Specialization in Performance/Directing or Design/Technology and other courses as needed.
• Supervise and coordinate activities related to the theatre program, its faculty, staff and students.
• Manage the theatre budgets, revenue and expenses for University Theatre program, including dinner theatre and music production accounts.
• Oversee maintenance, scheduling, and operations of theatre facilities, including University Auditorium and Modular Theatre
• Oversee and approve all theatre productions, including summer dinner theatre.
• Manage theatre scholarships
• Mentor and advise theatre majors
• Recruit and retain students while providing sound theatrical and academic experiences
• Represent the theatre program at all ASU recruitment events.
• Oversee, maintain, and update theatre curriculum as needed.
• Supervise the Arts at ASU coordinator and activities
• Supervise audience development, community outreach efforts and season subscription drive
• Establish and maintain a high profile and positive presence in the community, public schools, and surrounding area.
• Develop and promote programs to support the arts within the community.
• Maintain a successful record of scholarly/creative endeavor, service activities, and teaching responsibilities as defined by the needs of the department.
• Other duties as assigned by department chair and dean.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Managing budgets, oversight of productions, student recruiting and retention, managing theatre faculty and staff and instructing assigned load of courses. Other duties as assigned. Reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Visual and Performing Arts.
Qualified candidates must possess strong communication and organizational skills; be committed to the recruitment and retention of students, have the ability to work collaboratively and collegially within a university environment, and be committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student body.
MA or MFA in Theatre or related field or ABD
Doctorate in Theatre
Duties associated with this position require that the candidate work a variety of hours and days within the week. Must incorporate and use established occupational health and safety practices related to their work environment.
Apply for this Job