Full-Time Assistant / Associate Dean, College of Arts, Communications & Design
Under the direction of the Dean, the Assistant/Associate Dean is expected to engage in a wide variety of leadership and management activities that advance the mission and vision of the College of Arts, Communications & Design. The position is expected to be creative/entrepreneurial and will share in the responsibility for the results achieved.
• Assume lead role in student success: recruitment, enrollment, and retention
• Plans, initiates, and assists in leadership activities for the College, including implementing goals and objectives; administering policies/procedures; and helping to advance the College vision and mission
• Takes the lead in the creation of new projects and develops assigned projects; follows through to ensure that all deadlines are met and that all deliverables are of the highest quality
• Makes recommendations to the Dean on a variety of instructional, budgetary, and administrative matters
• Supervises and administers faculty workload
• Administers the operating budget for the College; monitors/reconciles the budgets for these areas
• Develops external partnerships and alternative funding sources
• Collects and interprets data; prepares reports as needed
• Works directly with faculty in the planning and implementation of the academic programs
• Will share in the responsibility in developing the College website, blog, handbooks, and other publications
• Other duties as assigned by the Dean
Terminal degree in one of the College disciplines. Strong preference will be given to professional theatre artists with substantive performance credits in NYC, major regional theatres, or national/international touring companies; proven professional artist with experience in visual and/or performing arts; experience in administration and/or full-time teaching at 4-year colleges/universities; high degree of comfort with technology, MS Office applications, data management/analysis, and presentation software; excellent oral and written communication skills (including public presentations) and strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Candidate is expected to be collegial/collaborative, and enjoy working as part of a small, energetic, and productive team
Position operates primarily in an office setting but must be skilled at making public presentations. Travel sometimes required.
Please send cover letter and resume to: http://apptrkr.com/1282620
LIU is an equal opportunity employer. LIU is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. LIU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
Please Share the Assistant / Associate Dean, College of Arts, Communications & Design job: