Full-Time Assistant Associate Artistic Director
Assistant to the Associate Artistic Director / Director of Public Theater Productions
The Public Theater is seeking a highly organized and motivated assistant to provide general administrative support to the Associate Artistic Director and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Excellent attention to detail and follow-thru a must. Positive attitude, excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills also a must. This position reports to the Associate Artistic Director/Director of Public Theater Productions.
THE PUBLIC THEATER is theater of, by, and for all people. The Public’s wide breadth of programming includes an annual season of new work in six venues at Astor Place, Free Shakespeare in the Park at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park, The Mobile Unit touring throughout New York City’s five boroughs, Public Forum, Under the Radar, Public Studio, Public Works, and more.
Assist the Associate Artistic Director with all general administrative needs:
• Manage Associate Artistic Director’s calendar with respect to meeting requests, rehearsal/reading/performance attendance, and other internal and external commitments. Ability to juggle heavy scheduling and complex calendar is a must.
• Facilitate all correspondence including monitoring and responding to emails and telephone
• Ensure Associate Artistic Director has meeting materials in advance
• Ensure the smooth operation of the office, including filing, organizing office; updating and distributing documents, and flow of information in and out of the department is prompt, clear and organized
• Track and adhere to department budget, complete monthly expense reports
• Secure housing and travel arrangements as needed
• Set up tickets for external productions as needed
• Oversee Associate Artistic Director’s writing deadlines for recommendations and other projects as needed
• Take on tasks and assignments as needed to support projects across scope of department
• Assorted errands, requests, or projects from the Associate Artistic Director
• Minimum of 1 year administrative experience, high-level assistant experience preferred
• Professional theater experience is a plus, but not necessarily in theater administration
• Exceptional communication skills, highly organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to work in a fast-paced professional theater environment
• Problem solving, good time management, and multi-tasking skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, assistant, communication, director, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Assistant Associate Artistic Director job: