Part-Time Asher Gallery Sales Associate
HCCC seeks a friendly, organized person with an interest in contemporary craft to advance retail sales in the Center’s Asher Gallery. Candidates with retail experience, strong communication skills, intermediate-level computer skills, and the ability to learn quickly are preferred. The ideal candidate will have strong time-management skills, show initiative, and be comfortable dealing with the public on a daily basis.
The Asher Gallery sales associate’s primary responsibilities are to welcome and engage customers, process sales transactions, maintain visual merchandising, and assist the Asher Gallery Manager in both daily and long-term projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Builds loyalty and brand recognition for HCCC through superior customer service
• Ensures that items are recorded accurately in retail point-of-sale database and that customer data is collected and recorded correctly
• Tags items and displays as directed by Asher Gallery manager
• Assists with packing and shipping of objects and unpacking of incoming merchandise
• Ensures a clean, organized, well stocked sales area
• Assists with the execution of special incentives, artist features, trunk shows, and appeals
• Assists with photography, writing, and processing for use in gallery social media, website and marketing
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by Asher Gallery manager
As suitable, the sales associate with appropriate skills should be prepared to respond (with supervisor’s approval) to requests from any staff member for assistance with clerical, research, graphic, and media support.
Duties may include:
• Assisting with mailings, filing, addressing/stuffing envelopes
• Assisting with press clippings, photograph preparation, and media lists
• Attending and performing assigned duties during special events and openings for institution
• Data entry such as email address updates, attendance logs, constituency reporting, zip-code and activity tracking
• Product photography and editing for use in web and social media campaigns
• High School diploma or equivalent required; college arts-related education preferred
• Able to work 16 – 20 hours weekly: Wednesday – Saturday, with occasional evening, special event, and holiday hours
• Strong communications skills
• Strong time-management skills
• Comfortable engaging with the public on a daily basis
• Able to lift 25 lbs and stand for extended periods
• Previous retail experience preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word, along with POS system
How to Apply
Go to https://www.crafthouston.org/about/employment-opportunities/current-openings/ to complete the online employment application and upload a cover letter, resume, and references.
Position is open until filled.Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: assistant, associate, communications, gallery, marketing, photography, and sales. States: Texas.
Please Share the Asher Gallery Sales Associate job: