Full-Time Arts/Operations Administrator
The Arts/Operations Administrator will possess excellent written and oral communication skills. This position requires a detail-oriented person with strong computer skills and excellent organizational skills. This preferred candidate will be self-directed and able to generate and implement organizational systems and strategies to increase efficiency, streamline communication and promote effective impact. The ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with systems, processes and procedures. Structuring systems for long term sustainability and positioning the organization for growth are fundamental. Must have a passion for the mission of Arts for Learning San Diego and a collaborative spirit to work together with the Executive Director, Committees, Board of Directors and team to realize our ambitious vision for the future. Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. Previous 2-3 years professional administration/accounting/salesforce
- Establish, implement and oversee standard administrative practices to maximize efficiency and streamline processes for organizational health and sustainability.
- Track organizational trends on data, program costs, overhead, etc. to recommend appropriate changes.
- Oversee accounts payable & receivable in coordination with Program Managers
- Prepare and make bank deposits, mail payments, process approved invoices for payment and other tasks as assigned
- Process, copy and code payments received and reconcile against invoicing and Accounts Payable
- Process all incoming credit card donations and/or payments; coordinate reconciliation of paypal, square, etc.
- Coordinate reporting on all credit card usage for reporting/reconciliation
- Mileage, check request and reimbursement oversight and review.
- Fiscal reporting support and coordination with A4LSD Accountant and Auditor.
- Petty cash distribution and reconciliation.
- Gift Card distribution and reconciliation.
- Parking voucher distribution and reconciliation.
- Manage personnel files and administer benefits, including group health and insurance plans; prepare documents for new hire, positive progressive discipline, annual reviews, and terminations
- Manage vacation, sick, personal time off for all employees
- Payroll and contract invoicing coordination
- Grant reporting and reconciliation for all operational/capacity grants
- Oversee the management and interface of Salesforce information between accounting/programming/development to maximize as a tool of efficiency; database oversight.
- Maintain organizational licenses, registrations, memberships, etc. for various government, foundations and organizations
- Maintain insurance for Directors & Officers Liability, General Liability, Unemployment, Workers Compensation and Disability. Provide copies of Additional Insured as needed and maintain files of same for all contractors.
- Oversee Contractor relationships and scope of work
- Oversee phone system, IT contractor (coordinate technical support for computers and other office equipment)
- Receive and sort daily incoming mail; Coordinate bulk mailings and postage.
- Monitor and order office supplies as needed within budget guidelines
- Administrative/shared Calendar oversite.
- Volunteer recruitment, orientation and coordination.
- Building and facilities coordination and oversight (conference room rental, etc.).
- Direct inquiries as appropriate
- Assist with various Board and Committee meetings by securing locations, communicating with members, updating contact lists, etc.
- Assist the Executive Director as needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Communication skills: writing dynamic funding proposals and inspiring people to commit to the organization
- Administrative duties: updating databases, preparing reports, monitoring income and expenditure
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Interpersonal skills: you will be constantly interacting with people, persuading them of the value of your organization
- Resilience and flexibility
Please Share the Arts/Operations Administrator job: