Full-Time Arts Marketing Coordinator
The Climate Museum initiative aims to create the first museum in the United States dedicated solely to climate change and climate solutions.
The Climate Museum seeks an Arts Marketing Coordinator to expand engagement with and accessibility of the museum’s arts programming, including an upcoming youth spoken word contest, architectural design exhibition, and digital exhibition of climate arts.
The Arts Marketing Coordinator will report to the Climate Museum Director, and will work closely with the Research and Communications Coordinator.
The Arts Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the Climate Museum’s online and print advertising, social media content, press outreach, website updates, marketing storybooks, and graphic design. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan to increase awareness of and engagement with the Climate Museum’s arts programming
- Create graphics and marketing collateral in line with the Museum’s style guide
- Coordinate with artistic collaborators and partner organizations to create streamlined marketing and outreach campaigns
- Maintain, update, and eventually revamp the Climate Museum’s website
- Envision and implement social media marketing campaigns for a youth spoken word contest, an architectural design exhibition, and additional upcoming arts programming
- Design and produce beautiful storybooks about Climate Museum arts programming
- Supervise interns and volunteers, overseeing the implementation of the Climate Museum’s curated digital exhibition of climate art
- Proactively identify room for growth in the Climate Museum’s arts programming and marketing efforts
All candidates are expected to have a deep commitment to the museum’s mission of moving climate solutions to the center of civic life. Successful candidates will be flexible and thrive in a start-up-style culture, where changing opportunities dictate changing priorities. They will have a demonstrated ability to work on several projects simultaneously, with tight timelines. Specific qualifications include:
- Track record of successful marketing and communications work, with a focus on arts and/ or environmental and social justice issues
- Exceptional communication skills and aesthetic judgement
- Background in web design and website maintenance
- Experience designing and leading social media and print marketing campaigns
- The ability to effectively reach out to and collaborate with diverse audiences
- Knowledge of social media and web analytics, as well as current trends in arts marketing
- Strong background in in InDesign and Photoshop, experience with video editing preferred
- At least three years of related work or volunteer experience
The Climate Museum is committed to diversity, both programmatically and institutionally. People of color, indigenous people, people with disabilities, LGBTIA+ people, and women are all strongly encouraged to apply.
All prospective hires should submit a resume, cover letter, and 2 references to the search committee at:Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, arts, coordinator, exhibition, marketing, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Arts Marketing Coordinator job: