Part-Time Gallery Assistant
New York City Midtown Decorative Arts gallery seeks part-time Gallery Assistant who will work at the front desk and assist gallery staff with daily operations.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, personable and highly motivated with some background or interest in late 19th and early 20th century decorative arts and design.Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in person and on the phone, in addition to proficiency with computers, are a must.
This position will involve extensive contact with clients, consultants, curators and other members of the industry, therefore discretion and professional attitude are essential.
Primary duties duties include:
• Greeting visitors as the first point of contact
• General administrative tasks, including answering and directing telephone calls, filing, preparing invoices, updating and maintaining client database
• Work closely with staff to coordinate various projects, such as art fairs and exhibitions
• Perform research on current gallery holdings and potential acquisitions
• Updating gallery website and online marketplace listings
• Posting on social media
• Cataloging and creating artwork files for new inventory
• Assist in coordinating shipping for sales, art fairs and museum loans
• Assist at exhibitions and art fairs
Knowledge of social media Knowledge and experience with digital photography, Photoshop, and graphic design.
Experience with a gallery management system.
Part-time permanent job.
Position hours are 10:30 to 6:00, two to three days per week.
Potential for full time employment.
How to Apply
Please do not call.Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts, arts administration, assistant, exhibition, gallery, and graphic design. States: New York.
Please Share the Gallery Assistant job: