Full-Time Artistic Producer – Theatre
Now entering its 42nd year, award-winning Theatre Direct Canada, one of Canada’s leading theatres dedicated to young audiences, is seeking a dynamic leader to chart the course for future success and innovation in the creation and production of theatre for, by, and with young people.
As the Artistic Producer, you will lead Theatre Direct by conceiving, developing, articulating and implementing an inspiring artistic programme for the organization that reflects its commitment to excellence for both audiences and artists and is consistent with its mission and values.
You will help redefine and raise Theatre Direct’s profile locally, nationally, and internationally and will implement strategies to secure the company’s long-term financial stability, increase organizational resilience, and ensure its lasting artistic legacy.
• You are an experienced artist and arts professional with a strong theatre producing background and a track record of excellence and innovation in the area of arts for children and youth.
• You have a clear understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges in the field of Theatre for Young Audiences, arts education and engaging young people through schools and their communities.
• You are a natural mentor and have a commitment to creating, building, and sustaining a theatre that is inclusive and reflective of Theatre Direct’s diverse audiences and participants.
• You have a sound understanding of the artistic, financial, and operational requirements of a not-for-profit arts organization.
• You are a passionate advocate for the role of arts in young people’s lives and committed to advocating for your artistic vision with stakeholders and funders.
• You are an engaging leader with a collaborative style with a capacity to inspire the organization to realize its goals and drive both the artistic and business direction of the company.
This is a full-time permanent position reporting directly to the Board of Directors. Out of town travel, weekend and evening work will be required at various points in the year.
A competitive compensation package including salary and benefits will be provided.
REPORTING TO: The Board of Directors
DIRECT REPORTS: 2- 4 part-time and full-time staff including: administrative, education & outreach Staff, development marketing & communications, financial services staff, as well as production manager/coordinators, project producers/coordinators.
Three to five years’ demonstrated theatre producing, directing and development of new work.
Experience in the field of theatre and arts education for young people.
Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusivity and accessibility.
Excellent planning and project management skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Bilingualism is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 17, 2018 5:00pm | Interviews will be held in mid-September.
START DATE: January 2, 2019 with flexible paid transition between October and December.
Email your resume and letter of interest (2 pages maximum) outlining your relevant experience and speaking specifically to the position profile and job description.
Please address your letter in confidence to:
The Search and Hiring Committee email@example.com
Submissions by email only.
No phone inquiries please.
Theatre Direct welcomes applications from qualified individuals of all cultural backgrounds, genders, sexual orientation, and abilities. Access support will be provided for any person requiring it.
Theatre Direct Canada is one of the Country’s leading theatres for young audiences, established in 1976, the award-winning company has toured productions nationally and internationally. Our work has reached audiences in schools and theatres throughout Ontario, across Canada, and overseas. Theatre Direct’s work has been recognized with multiple Dora Mavor Moore Awards and nominations, 10 Chalmers Canadian Play Awards, and the Canada Council Theatre for Young Audiences Prize.
Our work is driven by a belief that young people deserve truth not diversion, that they have a cultural right to meaningful content and compelling, relevant theatre. We view our audience as thinking, feeling, complex individuals, not a market, not just future audiences, but our present audience that need and demand theatre that engages all their faculties and feelings. Our audience inspires us to tackle big questions in the same way children and youth ask them, honestly, directly, courageously and passionately.
Please Share the Artistic Producer – Theatre job: