Full-Time Artistic Administrator
As an integral member of the artistic administration team, assist the General Manager and Managing Director with daily and long-term management activities that ensure successful operation and further the growth of the company.
Essential Job Functions:
• Draft, execute and track contracts with union artists from AEA, USA, SDC and others; manage artist payments and union-related issues.
• Perform fiscal-management tasks including artistic expense tracking, forecasting and assisting with departmental budgeting.
• Provide support for an active and involved Board of Directors including coordinating and supervising the preparation and set up for Finance, Nominating & Governance, Executive, full Board and other meetings as needed.
• Function as recorder in Board and Board Committee meetings as necessary.
• Maintain updated contact information for board and staff as well as inter-company and board communications.
• Assist in the execution of licensing agreements for all productions.
• Serve as Associate Contractor for local musicians.
• Serve as liaison with the Theatre Guild and coordinate set up and logistics for their meetings.
• Serve as back up for company management for on call duties.
• Oversee arrangements for in-house company social functions, e.g. Annual End of Season Party, Going Away Parties and First Rehearsal gatherings.
• Maintain internal space use calendar in collaboration with staff, Ringling and Ballet personnel.
• Assist in oversight of the Company Management or other Artistic Department Apprentices.
• Assist General Manager and Managing Director with daily activities, such as correspondence, travel arrangements, reporting, etc.
• Take on other responsibilities and projects as appropriate or as assigned by the Producing Artistic Director, Managing Director or General Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks, be highly organized, self-motivated and give great attention to detail.
• Creative problem solving skills and ability to work effectively in a creative and fast-paced environment.
• Very strong computer skills and knowledge using primarily MS Outlook, Word and Excel are a necessity; some desktop publishing skills a plus.
• Deep commitment to theatre and desire for its success.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
• B.A. in arts administration or related field preferred.
• Experience in some area of arts administration with theatre experience preferred.
Ideal applicants will have completed a Bachelor’s degree in arts administration with two years’ experience or equivalent work experience in a related field.
Asolo Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status, or sexual preference.
How to Apply
Application Link: www.asolorep.org/about/work-with-us…
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, arts, management, performing arts, and theatre. States: Florida.
Please Share the Artistic Administrator job: