Full-Time Artist Liaison
Alexander Gray Associates is seeking a full-time Artist Liaison who will serve as the point person for a portfolio of Gallery artists. The Artist Liaison serves as an advocate, facilitator and specialist for Gallery artists and estates. They will approach these responsibilities with knowledge of previous artistic achievements, current studio practice, and future commitments.
The Artist Liaison will work in close collaboration with Gallery team members and the artists’ studios. They will serve the artists on a broad range of issues that impact their practice and the advancement of their career: Sales, Gallery and external exhibitions, curatorial projects, press, production, and registrarial/inventory management.
● Degree in Art History (or the following areas: Museum Studies, Arts Management, Curatorial Studies) preferred MA and/or 4 years minimum of professional experience in the art world
● Prior experience working directly with artists in museum, institutional, or gallery contexts.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with publication and public speaking experience.
● Research skills, in areas of art history and cultural theory.
● Experience managing daily operations in a fast-paced environment.
● Flexibility to work after regular hours, including dinners, special events, and travel with artists.
● Fluency in multiple languages is preferred.
● Artist Travel
● Organizing calendar
● Generating and updating itineraries
● Working with travel specialists for travel bookings
● Exhibition planning and coordination (Gallery and external)
● Travel with the artists to selected exhibitions and events
● Artist assistance
● Prioritizing and responding to external programming requests
● Coordinate studio visits for curators/collectors
● Consolidating research and background information on artist’s practices.
Ideal candidates will be aligned with the Gallery’s culture and mission. The Gallery’s collaborative team is made up of professionals from a range of backgrounds, our diversity and passion is supported in solution-oriented procedures, documented systems, and consistent communication between team members. In this way each individual contributes their organizational and communication skills to further the Gallery’s mission and the advancement of Gallery artists.
Candidate will have a thorough knowledge of 20th and 21st century art history and contemporary practice. Reflecting the Gallery’s ethos, the candidate will be articulate about these subjects, linking them to social and political frameworks that inform artistic practice.
Alexander Gray Associates is a contemporary art gallery in New York. Through exhibitions, research, and artist representation, the Gallery spotlights artistic movements and artists who emerged in the mid- to late-Twentieth Century. Influential in cultural, social, and political spheres, these artists are notable for creating work that crosses geographic borders, generational contexts and artistic disciplines. The Gallery also seeks to nurture exceptional people into long-term careers with the Gallery.
How to Apply
Email resume with cover letter as a single PDF (can be multiple pages within one PDF file), labeled with your name to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ARTIST LIAISON in the email subject line.
No phone calls or in-person inquires.
Please Share the Artist Liaison job: