Full-Time Art Specialist – Camp Settoga
The Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan’s Camp Settoga, located in Rockland County, is looking for an Art Specialist to oversee arts programming for summer 2018!
You will have the chance to create memories for campers that will last a lifetime, and to be a role model and create strong bonds with campers and staff alike.
Must be available five days a week, June 19th-25th for staff orientation and June 27th-August 17th for camp.
Roles + Responsibilities:
• Create developmentally appropriate Art Curriculum for children aged 5-12 years old
• Lead art-making experiences for groups of 15 children per activity period, co-ed and grouped by age.
• Create supply requests and identify art supply needs
• Work with camp administration on schedule planning and smoothly creating set-up, teaching, and clean-up time
• Maintaining the Art Center studio space and ensuring that things are kept organized and that it is a space conducive to making art
• Work with counselors in each group to create a community experience for children.
• 2+ years’ experience teaching art to school-aged children in a group setting
• Knowledge of arts educational philosophy that uses open-ended materials, sensory explorations, and child-led experiences
• Calm and welcoming demeanor
• Ability to create enthusiasm and engagement with activity
• Flexibility and ability to work with changing plans
• Studio art knowledge in a variety of media and ability to teach different media
• Knowledge of art history and artists’ process a plus
• Must be willing to travel to and from camp on a school bus departing at 8:00 am from the JCC Manhattan and returning at @ 5:00 pm
Salary commensurate with experience.
Full Time Temporary Job.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Apply for this Job