Full-Time Art Handler
Minnesota Street Project Art Services provides a comprehensive, concierge-based art collection management service to private collectors, galleries, and institutions. Adhering to the best art handling practices, we document, inventory, store, and present artwork in conformance with museum standards, working with an extensive network of affiliated providers to crate, ship, conserve, and appraise client artworks. Our 50,000 ft2 storage facility features state-of the art environmental-control, security, and fire safety systems, as well as attractive client viewing rooms and a photography facility.
Art Handler, Installer, Driver, Preparator
Minnesota Street Project is seeking a full-time art handler with expert install, packaging and customer service skills to join our team of arts professionals.
• Exhibits a friendly and approachable demeanor and acts as an ambassador for the overall Project.
• Installs artwork at private offices and residences, as well as in our viewing room and galleries, in accordance with museum standards.
• Expertly handles and tracks artwork in our climate and non-climate controlled areas of the warehouse, as well as our vehicles, in accordance with museum standards; fully maximizes storage for clientele.
• Unpacks and wraps all artworks and stages them for photographing/storage; assists the registrar with barcoding and condition reports.
• Anticipates shipments and takes all necessary steps to streamline the incoming and outgoing processes.
• Assists field teams with loading and offloading for large jobs, when applicable.
• Ensures strong communication is facilitated and that deadlines are continually met.
• Attends weekly department meetings, as well as occasional programming events at 1275 Minnesota Street.
• Keeps warehouse consistently clean and useable, bringing a proactive approach.
• Inventories supplies and administers reuse/recycling policies and performs other related duties as required.
• BA in Visual Arts, Humanities, Art History or equivalent required; MA preferred.
• Minimum 3 years experience in a museum, gallery or art shipping organization; demonstrated expertise in art handling techniques and storing protocols; knowledge of best art packing/crating techniques a plus.
• Art transportation and shipping knowledge; ability to drive a 16 – 24’ box truck.
• Experienced operating warehouse equipment (VRCs, forklifts, scissor lifts, and pallet jacks).
• Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems, ensuring projects stay on schedule.
• Demonstrated concern for detail, accuracy and precise execution of work; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Works well independently and in a team; gracefully shifts between warehouse, client and office settings.
• Valid CA license, clean driving record, and willingness to deliver and install artwork on a moment’s notice.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and safely cart artwork within a ½ block.
• Proficient with PC and Mac operating systems, including Adobe and Microsoft Suites and FilemakerPro.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a single PDF that includes a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with the subject line Art-Handler_LAST NAME to email@example.com
No calls, please.
We will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. Thanks for your interest in Minnesota Street Project Art Services.
Please Share the Art Handler job: